Who owns the MZ-RH1?

Rate this topic

sharpsony

Who owns the MZ-RH1?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Dou YOU own the MZ-RH1?

• Yes, I do.
    • No, I don't.

I know I'm in the minority here... huh, as if all minidisc users aren't to begin with, but I digress :P... I find the RH1 to be very UGLY. I'll admit I haven't held one, but from the photos that big FAT non-symmetrical record button makes me cringe... then there's how the pop-up open isn't even flush with a SIDE, but rather like one of the first MD players there is still more BODY to the unit that goes beyond the opening. The whole NO TRACK TITLE thing is just insane in my opinion. Granted, I use MD as a WALKMAN and not a field recorder so that explains a lot. Plus after hearing that OLED lasts a fraction of the shelf life of standard LCD, while the dancing meters look cool eventually they won't glow. So hate to rain on the thread, but I've never wanted an RH1 from the first photo released. Now, the EH1, that's a DIFFERENT story.

Ahh you think the king has no clothes blueraja ? heh...I can't totallly disagree with your points even as a new owner of one.

I can see the little jog knob on the NH1 would be easier to use in my pocket. my main reason for getting a portable player is for work so portability and ease of use is importiant.

I'll most likely use mine as a recorder/player at home. it's disconcerting about the OLED.

maybe I'll offer it for trade sometime. there are other units I like the look of as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

Since MZ-RH1 is in store I dream to get one.

Owner of MZ-NH900 and a MZ-DH10P, i think i'm a MD fanatic (am i silly, doctor?)

Just have bought one MZ-RH1 on ebay!

Very nice machine!

I've paid it 300€ (~420$ US) but shipped with 8 Hi-MD and the 40ELK remote!

Now, i'm dreaming to get a ONKYO FR-N9 but i cannot found it in Europe.

Bye and have a nice day with your (Hi)MD machines!!!!

Hello everyone!

Since MZ-RH1 is in store I dream to get one.

Owner of MZ-NH900 and a MZ-DH10P, i think i'm a MD fanatic (am i silly, doctor?)

Just have bought one MZ-RH1 on ebay!

Very nice machine!

I've paid it 300€ (~420$ US) but shipped with 8 Hi-MD and the 40ELK remote!

Now, i'm dreaming to get a ONKYO FR-N9 but i cannot found it in Europe.

Bye and have a nice day with your (Hi)MD machines!!!!

This is a common illness. I have it. Most MD users do. We just seem to never get enough units. Then there are those incredibly sick ones who buy BACKUP units... *cough*

This is a common illness. I have it. Most MD users do. We just seem to never get enough units. Then there are those incredibly sick ones who buy BACKUP units... *cough*

Well, I guess I may qualify as one of the "sick" ones, as I do own backups of my MZ-NH700 Silver, D-NE700 Silver, and MZ-RH710 Black, and also have plans to have a backup MZ-RH1 (or at least the M200) soon.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my Japanese domestic (silver) RH1 today after I swapped a brand new NH1 I had spare for this 2-week old RH1 beastie. So now I have one of each. The only thing that irks me somewhat is the remote shows the menus in Kanji but at least the unit is in English.

However, the most important feature for me (and thank Christ it was addressed, finally!) is the retention of the recording settings. No more setting up manual record settings every time I go to a venue for a stealth recording. Now I can just hit record and get on with it! So now I still have an NH1 backup unit because this RH1 beast has taken over the role of primary field recording unit.

I love it. When the OLED panels do fade away on me, I'll be ready to order the replacement display panels for a bit of surgery. Good thing I'm qualified for the task. 3#-)

• 4 weeks later...

hi guys,

as you see, I'm new here at MDCF. I'm coming from Atraclife. I was abscent for a while there due to a little MP3 player adventure (don't ask) and when I returned I noticed that they removed the MiniDisc section :(

So here I am. I have returned to MiniDisc before it was too late. I've been a MD fanatic for years now. I've had an MZ-N707 and MZ-NH900. I sold my NH900 because it began to develop some bugs and bought a walkman (NW-A1200) instead. But after some other DAP's (NW-S703, NW-A808, Cowon D2/F2, Creative Zen V:M, iPod Touch :shame: )I went back to my roots and bought a brand new Sony MZ-RH1B.

Now I notice how I love MD. It's the best sounding format in the world. And I've tried many I can assure you........

I love the MZ-RH1. I loved the sq on my NH900, but that was 2 years ago and with sony MDR-EX71's. Now I have the even better sounding RH1 with V-moda Vibes. And damn do my Vibes like the RH1!!!!! Great sounding combo (though I'm looking into Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 pro's) But for now, the RH1 rocks. Best sounding DAP I've ever owned!!

greetz

hi guys,

as you see, I'm new here at MDCF. I'm coming from Atraclife. I was abscent for a while there due to a little MP3 player adventure (don't ask) and when I returned I noticed that they removed the MiniDisc section :(

So here I am. I have returned to MiniDisc before it was too late.

Thanks for the intro & welcome aboard! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys im new at minidisc.org, this is a great site supporting MD tech, Congrats!!! in this moment im waiting for my MZ RH1, i was so ancious when i read about they had discontinuated MDs so i act fast buying this piece of HI/Tech unit, maybe tomorrow. . . i ll wait for it . . .

bye

MiniDisc For Ever!!!

Hello everyone, I just joined today and am overwhelmed by the info here, and hope to be better informed soon. I want to buy a MZ-RH1 but can't find one. I am located in Wisconsin USA. And I have a novice question for you, is the MZ-RH1 and the MZ-M200 the same beast??? Soon as I can find a MZ-RH1 I will add my vote in the yes column. It's good to be here and look forward to learning and enjoying life in the minidisc world.

johnny9fingers

Hello everybody... a RH1 from Milan, Italy.

Should I explain how cool our baby appears compared to milky mirrorlike Ithings? naaa... Should I describe the envy of people for my comfortful handling of the remote? What a ggod thing to go out with jewelry..

No, I will describe the astonishing recording quality, the absolute richness of playback, the fascinating black metal body; yes, the unit display is not that complete, I cannot set shuffle when using it connected to the amp. it is not rock solid like my MZR-900... but it is so fascinating...

Ling live the Minidisc (may it be..)

Well folks, the MZ RH1 unit arrives in awesome condition, the color was a surprise... a black one!!! then i put some mp3 albums in standard mode recording to prove it, i start with Sergey Rachmaninov "The Isle of the death" (320 kbps) .... just incredible clear sonud, the fingers over the cello cords wow. Then with a smile on i play RollingStones "Sticky fingers", Pink Floyd "A saucerfull of secrets", Plastikman "Musik", yhea was an HIFI experience. Now im waiting for my 140MD´s collection from Chile, hope to get it soon!!!

cheers

Well folks, the MZ RH1 unit arrives in awesome condition, the color was a surprise... a black one!!! then i put some mp3 albums in standard mode recording to prove it, i start with Sergey Rachmaninov "The Isle of the death" (320 kbps) .... just incredible clear sonud, the fingers over the cello cords wow. Then with a smile on i play RollingStones "Sticky fingers", Pink Floyd "A saucerfull of secrets", Plastikman "Musik", yhea was an HIFI experience. Now im waiting for my 140MD´s collection from Chile, hope to get it soon!!!

cheers

Welcome to the MD experience, glad you like yours, many happy hours of recording to you,

Bob

• 4 weeks later...

hi all md users! my mz-rh1 is coming my way next week, hopefully in the weekend.

i wonder if i will be able to transfer music in lp2 mode from my mac onto the mz-rh1 or maybe i am just wishful thinking..

i have a super 70's instro library music collection that is a 1200 track jukebox.

i could record them from cdr or dvdr to md in real time, using the coax line from my dvd to my MDLPdeck, only it would be nice to be able to take a look at the display in some cases, to see which title/artist it is..

i want to be able to play my computer mp3's on md in my car mdplayer. it plays MDLP..

I tried the usual places to but a MZ-RH1 (amazon,ebay,minidisco,soundprofessionals), I am really jealous of you guys. It has so many features... although I think my MZ-RH10 is more beautiful to see. Anyway, do you know where I can buy it in a really good price???

Thank you

I tried the usual places to but a MZ-RH1 (amazon,ebay,minidisco,soundprofessionals), I am really jealous of you guys. It has so many features... although I think my MZ-RH10 is more beautiful to see. Anyway, do you know where I can buy it in a really good price???

Thank you