need to buy any md deck

Rate this topic

THIS SUCKS

MDS-JE480s are $122 shipped on Amazon, and after going through a handfull of used/junk, I recommend new, if you can live without optical line out.

:rtfm: <warranty

I think you just have to be very careful with who you buy from. Someone with a good history is usually quite honest about a units condition. I've had some used gear that been perfect and some thats been flaky, the latter usually from people with patchy or little history.

MDS-JE480s are $122 shipped on Amazon, and after going through a handfull of used/junk, I recommend new, if you can live without optical line out.

There is a hack where you can add an optical output on this deck...I added an optical for my JE440. it might be the same thing.

i have 1 md deck already. i need another one. i just dont have a lot of money. anyone want to sell one they dont use?

I have one I don't use - it is a Sony MDS-S39 (mid-size). It works all right, but like the 510, it turns itself on. It has optical out (and in, of course). You can have it for $15 plus whatever it costs to ship. PM me if you would like it. I haven't used it in a while and I will test it if you are interested. I really don't need it any more.

Bruce

I agree that the JE480 is a pretty good bargain, new, if you can do w/o the optical out. Of course, for new MD decks there isn't much to selection from these days. I bought my JE480 off ebay "like new" a few months ago (more?) for 75 usd + ship. No problems so far. For me, the main benefit of this unit (as opposed to my Pioneer MJ-D508, which I think may actually sound a little better and certainly looks better, is that the JE480 has MDLP, while the Pio does not.

I too have noticed that anything halfway decent is going for relatively high prices on ebay lately. MXD-D3, MXD-D40, MDS-JB940, etc etc, these all get snapped up quickly at prices higher than they were say, a year ago.

I too have noticed that anything halfway decent is going for relatively high prices on ebay lately. MXD-D3, MXD-D40, MDS-JB940, etc etc, these all get snapped up quickly at prices higher than they were say, a year ago.

Why do you think that is? The die hards stocking up on MD?

bruce. can i email you about the deck? i would like to buy it. i will pay the shipping. thanks.

or maybe you could email me. my email is "...."

You might want to disguise your email from the spammers "b ur t *AT* m e.com" etc

========

Could be. Some of the units are now going for more on ebay than their original cost, I think.

Maybe this is related:

http://www.boston.com/business/personaltec...lower_fidelity/

I think people are not aware of how to rip music properly and get the best compromise between quality and size. If you want to say with physical media and get smaller than CD's and approaching the size of MP3 players MD is the logical choice.

• 4 weeks later...

how about in Canada? is there anyplace where a new md deck can be purchased?

New to this forum, and think it's really cool. Based on info I found here, I just bought a new MZ-NH700 from ebay, because I record my own music (analog source, from my mixing board). I was prompted to do so ever since I found out that SonicStage doesn't allow "check ins" of original recordings from non-Hi MD decks. I was on online tech support for an hour last week w/ Sony trying to figure this out when they finally just told me that I would have to record it in real time to my PC using a program like SoundForge.... well, I went to Radio Shack and got a stereo 1/4" cord, and for some reason, SoundForge doesn't get good levels from the line in jack on my sound card, but it does from my mic in. BUT, the recording on Soundforge isn't good, and it skips and "adds" beats, etc. I have a lot of RAM (2 gigs, which I upgraded) but think the problem may be my original factory soundcard. Eitherway, unacceptable for what I'm trying to do (burn my music to CD so I can share it with friends). I just want easy, drag and drop "check ins"...

Long story short, after my new Hi MD arrives in the mail from the ebay seller in the next several days, I want to sell my old MD. It is a Net MD (not Hi MD) MZ-NF610 Type S. I would estimate that it has about 650 hrs of use (150 hrs of recording, 500 hrs of playback.) I never used it to "check out" mp3's from my PC, or as a primary portable mp3 player (didn't travel much with it, so it hasn't gotten jostled much. Just wanted to hear my music from time to time over the last 3 or 4 yrs of owning this.

I have the USB cable, the AC adapter, the CD ROM, the owners manual, papers, etc., and if I hunt around, I'll probably find the original headphones w/ remote. It's blue. It didn't come in a box, but a plastic bubble type packaging. I bought it at Best Buy around Halloween, but can't remember if it was 2004, or 2003. It still works great, and so does the rechargable battery, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Also, not sure if this is important, but I live in North America (don't know if these models are substantially different per region). Oh, and if anyone's interested in pics, let me know, and I'll take some and attach.

How much do you think this is worth if I try to sell it on ebay or on this board?

Thank you, and again, cool message board.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in Canada and have a Je-510 I'd be willing to part with if anyone is interested. It's only a SP recorder, but it works great and has optical out.

i have the same deck. i need a replacement for it. mine has an eject problem. but it sounded ok when it worked. i would like to buy it. can you please email me at "covertbill1@hotmail.com" let me know what you were looking to get for it.

I'm in Canada and have a Je-510 I'd be willing to part with if anyone is interested. It's only a SP recorder, but it works great and has optical out.