Manual or Automatic Sync?

Rate this question

church83

Question

Bought a A3000 couple of months ago. Think the machine itself is amazing, apart from when I had 2 have it exchanged because the screen was bleeding. Part from that no problems, except from CONNECT...

Had various problems with it, mainly just editing tracks, and CONNECT being tempermental with retreiving album info.

Anyway I updated it recently but the next time I used it all My Library had been deleted!!!

So I installed it on another PC and it is working fine by just using Manual Sync. However I want to copy all the songs on the player across to CONNECT incase of any future problems.

If I use Automatic Sync will it copy the contents of the library onto the player and in the process delete all tracks not in the library???

Thanks in advance for your help!

4 answers to this question

Hmm, I don't know about Connect Player (it may be different) but SonicStage will not delete tracks you've deleted from your library when you do an Auto Transfer.

In fact with SS, it actually asks you to confirm what will be done in an auto transfer before it does it. It will come up with a pop-up box saying what will be transferred to the player. You can uncheck anything you don't want to transfer right then and it/they will remain unchecked everytime you reconnect unless you check them again yourself. (That way say you have certain tracks in your library you never want to transfer, but add more tracks you do, the new tracks will automatically be checked for transfer but the ones from before that you selected not to transfer will remain unchecked.)

Again I have no idea if Connect works this way but that's how SS works with auto syncing, anyway...

I asked pretty much the same question, in this thread about 10 days ago. No responses whatsoever.

I have tried copying all contents from my NW-A1000 (in Connect) to the library, with varying results (in short, it doesn't seem to work - see the above thread)

Seems ridiculous that I haven't been able to copy everything from the NW-A in to the Connect library.

Edited by Obli