Pre recorded MD's / Labeled Production MD's

Rate this topic

Strungup

• 4 weeks later...

I have 8 prerecorded MDs. Ther are pretty nice. They were just slightly less expensive than CDs back in 1998.

Suddenly the market dropped and they were all sold off at low prices. I wish I had grabbed a few more. I really like the cases, and the labeling. Attached are specs that were used in making the discs. I had a friend who was in an band back then that was considering a release on MD. He released on CD at the request of his agent. At the time Prerecorded MDs were shrinking in the market. I did get this cool manual out of his research.

I Have Boston , Kansas (Point of no Return) , Allman Brothers, But I remember that there was a Bunch of others , and I regret not buying them then , Pink Floyd "The Wall" 2 disc set, Mozart, Brahms, Vivaldi( would really like to have that one)

Anyone have any?

I have 8 prerecorded MDs. Ther are pretty nice. They were just slightly less expensive than CDs back in 1998.

Suddenly the market dropped and they were all sold off at low prices. I wish I had grabbed a few more. I really like the cases, and the labeling. Attached are specs that were used in making the discs. I had a friend who was in an band back then that was considering a release on MD. He released on CD at the request of his agent. At the time Prerecorded MDs were shrinking in the market. I did get this cool manual out of his research.

Thx for the file , Not interested in parting with those MD 's are ya.??????

• 6 months later...

Thx for the file , Not interested in parting with those MD 's are ya.??????

you know i'd forgotten i have some until i read this post!

When i bought my first unit (Aiwa) back in 98 part of the promotion was five free MD albums.

The one's i chose were;;

Blondie, Jean Michelle-Jarre, Apollo four forty, The Byrds, Kate Bush. (the library to choose from wasn't great!)

I think one or two had orange juice spilt on them, so i dont know if they'll be any use!

I'll dig them out this weekend and confirm.

Regards

i remember now when the unit broke it had the Byrds album in it which was never returned!

I didn't complain because they replaced the unit (when they discovered it was 'lost') with a Panasonic SJ-MR220, which at the time was the best player available.

Edited by curiousyellow

you know i'd forgotten i have some until i read this post!

When i bought my first unit (Aiwa) back in 98 part of the promotion was five free MD albums.

The one's i chose were;;

Blondie, Jean Michelle-Jarre, Apollo four forty, The Byrds, Kate Bush. (the library to choose from wasn't great!)

I think one or two had orange juice spilt on them, so i dont know if they'll be any use!

I'll dig them out this weekend and confirm.

Regards

i remember now when the unit broke it had the Byrds album in it which was never returned!

I didn't complain because they replaced the unit (when they discovered it was 'lost') with a Panasonic SJ-MR220, which at the time was the best player available.

Blondie , Kate Bush , Jean Michelle , .....cool , I would love to have them , I would hope the OJ didnt get inside of the case , that would be a bummer , and you would NOT want to test them on your good player , they would have to be tested on something disposable , otherwise they would gumm up the head on the good MD

PM me

Edited by Guitarfxr

I've got a few prerecorded MDs, you can get some off Ebay - on the Ebay UK site there's usually a hundred or two for sale at any one time.

I've got Adiemus, Yanni - A Tribute, Massive Attack - Mezzanine, Yo Yo Ma Ma (or something like that!) and a couple more I think.

• 3 months later...

I've got "Leftfield - Rhythm and Stealth" that I wouldn't mind parting with. Unfortunately I do not have the case. Is anyone interested? It's not my type of music, I got it as part of a big batch of MDs on Ebay.

you have mail

Bob

• 3 months later...