ATRAC

Rate this topic

virusys

Hi,

I'm working on a paper on MiniDisc for an introduction to Digital Audio course, and right now I'm studying the conversion process of audio to ATRAC.

I've read the ATRAC article on this site, but can someone explain to me what exactly a Block-Floating Unit (BFU) is?

Thanks,

virusys

Quick search on google:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q...amp;meta=\

The first few results should help. And yes, one of this is actually this post. :)

The encoder has three components. The analysis block decomposes the signal into spectral coefficients grouped into Block Floating units (BFU's). The bit allocation block divides the available bits between the BFU's, allocating fewer bits to insensitive units. The quantization block quantizes each spectral coefficient to the specified wordlength.

============

Hi,

I'm working on a paper on MiniDisc for an introduction to Digital Audio course, and right now I'm studying the conversion process of audio to ATRAC.

I've read the ATRAC article on this site, but can someone explain to me what exactly a Block-Floating Unit (BFU) is?

Thanks,

virusys