Charging issues

Rate this topic

riotshield

After one year of use, my sony 1400mAh battery, started having a very short life so i decided to get a new battery. I got a 1350mAh battery made by GP but the problem wasnt solved. The life was better with the GP but it was nowhere near how the sony was when new, and much less than using an AA battery with the add-on case. Also the charging procedure stops earlier than it used to, maybe one hour after starting charging. I only charge batteries when they are completely empty so i wouldnt say they suffer from memory effect. I am starting to think that the RH-10 isnt charging properly anymore? is this possible?

I presume you are leaving it plugged in after the charging light goes out as I think this signifys the end of fast charge but it reverts to trickle charge after that. Might be worth leaving it overnight on charge and see how it goes in the morning.

I have now given up with my RH10 but while I did use it I used to charge the battery in a NiMH external changer as its just slightly longer than a AA battery and could get the terminals to fit. Sony also do an external charger for them.