Onkyo MD-105FX vs Sony High-End Decks (JB9XX)

Rate this topic

graphis_8

hello, after going to ebay seeing how those high end sony md decks go for around 150-200 bucks, i wonder if i should just pay more for the onkyo himd deck for 240+shipping if i just bought a nh600d for 24 shipped. but the problem is, if i turn my blind eyes on the fact that the onkyo deck lack a headphone out and the optical out, how is its sound compared to those highend sony md decks if i just connect it to a home receiver, for example, so i suppose my question is to get the most out of a deck soundwise, which one should i choose? i listen to all kinds of music (rap, pop, soundtracks) just not like hard rock, thanks for all you guy's help

hello, after going to ebay seeing how those high end sony md decks go for around 150-200 bucks, i wonder if i should just pay more for the onkyo himd deck for 240+shipping if i just bought a nh600d for 24 shipped. but the problem is, if i turn my blind eyes on the fact that the onkyo deck lack a headphone out and the optical out, how is its sound compared to those highend sony md decks if i just connect it to a home receiver, for example, so i suppose my question is to get the most out of a deck soundwise, which one should i choose? i listen to all kinds of music (rap, pop, soundtracks) just not like hard rock, thanks for all you guy's help

The real question is, what do you want the machine to do . If you want Portabilty you need a headphone out , If you want computer interface You want USB, and connectivity. If you want recording Options like Manual Recording level ( Very advisable) then you look for a MD that fits that profile . First You have to KNOW what you want / need from the Machine .

Dont expect others to be able to define what you personally want/need ,when you answer those questions, you will know what machine to get , If you need help with Operating and learning How to use it , then this is the forum.

thanks for the reply guitarfxr, but i plan to connect the deck to a home receiver so i can either listen to the md's thru the speakers or i can record md's from the digital out from my dvd player, so both decks can do those, but the problem is for the best of sound quality i can get i am not sure whether to go for the onkyo or the sony, if the pcm or hi-sp recording from the onkyo should sound better than atarc recordings from the sony for example, then i would choose the onkyo, but of course, right now i am not sure which one is better soundwise. thanks for your opinion

thanks for the reply guitarfxr, but i plan to connect the deck to a home receiver so i can either listen to the md's thru the speakers or i can record md's from the digital out from my dvd player, so both decks can do those, but the problem is for the best of sound quality i can get i am not sure whether to go for the onkyo or the sony, if the pcm or hi-sp recording from the onkyo should sound better than atarc recordings from the sony for example, then i would choose the onkyo, but of course, right now i am not sure which one is better soundwise. thanks for your opinion

The HIsp on the Onkyo is Atrac , PCM is WAV, all MD's are Atrac, Whatever brand you choose . The Sony Mic inputs are quieter and have better dynamic range . The Line output is going to Almost impossible to distinguish unless you have a very high end Spectrum Analizer and 4,000 dollar set of Eartworks mics to measure with.