Remote Compatibililty

Rate this topic

rentabau

ello guys, do any of you have the RM-MC32EL to pair with MZ-RH1? I just wanna know whether the remote is compatible or not since I have someone who is willing to sell his RM-MC32EL remote. The reason I wanna change the remote, is because I got sick using RM-MC55ELK remote...huhuhh

btw, i've searched through this forum but can't find any info regarding the remote's compatibility with any MD unit. thanks for your kind help :)

ello guys, do any of you have the RM-MC32EL to pair with MZ-RH1? I just wanna know whether the remote is compatible or not since I have someone who is willing to sell his RM-MC32EL remote. The reason I wanna change the remote, is because I got sick using RM-MC55ELK remote...huhuhh

btw, i've searched through this forum but can't find any info regarding the remote's compatibility with any MD unit. thanks for your kind help :)

dont get the 32 , for the RH1 the 40elk is the best one

Yep, go for the 40ELK

One nice feature of the 40ELK is that instead of the group + and - you can scroll through th groups. CLick the scroll wheel, then when the current group tracklist is shown press << (move the play button to the left) and you get the group list up and can then scroll to the group you want.

Not quite as easy as using group forward but if you have alot of groups it is alot easier.

Yep, go for the 40ELK

One nice feature of the 40ELK is that instead of the group + and - you can scroll through th groups. CLick the scroll wheel, then when the current group tracklist is shown press << (move the play button to the left) and you get the group list up and can then scroll to the group you want.

Not quite as easy as using group forward but if you have alot of groups it is alot easier.

Score!

Thanks for that info Qwakrz, I never knew about that! I'll be using the RM-MC40ELK alot more now for sure.

:)

O___O I ordered the 40elk few days ago... and just saw the 55elk is waaaay more suiteble for me... because it supports japanese and korean and you just got sick of it

Well Korean is not included on the 40elk , but usefullness far outweighs the 55

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?s=&am...ost&p=83686

go look at the pics and read , , dont slam the 40 , it is designed for the MD while the 55 is designed for CD players . Record level controls on the 40 Are the best that Sony has ever put on a remote. The display is configurable , Folder scrolling , and many things that the 55 just wont do .

guess everyone here favours the mighty 40ELK remote. sadly, it is too expensive for me. so, i presume no one has ever tested the 32EL with any MD? i was hoping that the 32EL might work with my RH1.saves a lot of trouble for me (and money too :D).

on a not so well note, i just noticed that my RH1 is missing a screw!!!! the little screw inside the door..mind telling me where can I get the tiny screw? huhuhh... sad :(

O___O I ordered the 40elk few days ago... and just saw the 55elk is waaaay more suiteble for me... because it supports japanese and korean and you just got sick of it

yeah..really..i got sick of the 55ELK remote.maybe it's because i got a couple of the 55ELKs lying around in the house.and mind you, i don't have any other remotes (used to have 38EL though, but sold it to someone else).

maybe someone can tell me where can i get a good price for the 40ELK.huhuhh

on a not so well note, i just noticed that my RH1 is missing a screw!!!! the little screw inside the door..mind telling me where can I get the tiny screw? huhuhh... sad :(

maybe someone can tell me where can i get a good price for the 40ELK.huhuhh

For the screw , Get a really cheap pair of eyeglasses ( Drugstore , or someplace that sells cheap readers for 2 or 3 dollars) take one of the hinge screws out of the glasses. it should fit

Double-pressing the scroll wheel also works B)

As far as I am aware, all new remotes will work on older model units. Some buttons on the newer remotes could be reduntant or may have different functions, such as the scroll wheel not working on the MC-40ELK if plugged into a non-HiMD unit.

Old remotes will work on new model units, but may not support or have buttons of all the features that a new unit will support. For example if an old remote doesn't have an A-B repeat, it won't do A-B repeat even if the unit has the ability to it on a newer remote. Surprisingly, old remotes that have screens (like RM MC-11) actually support the equaliser even if the units at that time only had MegaBass settings!

• 2 weeks later...

(Let me steal this thread for a sec) So does it keep playing the current song while you search for another folder or song? I sometimes like to plan ahead and search for the next song I want to hear while listening to the current one. Right now I can do this with the 38el via Playmode > Group>[songTitle]. I've always been wanting to get the 40elk but still haven't.

(Let me steal this thread for a sec) So does it keep playing the current song while you search for another folder or song? I sometimes like to plan ahead and search for the next song I want to hear while listening to the current one. Right now I can do this with the 38el via Playmode > Group>[songTitle]. I've always been wanting to get the 40elk but still haven't.

Yes you can Scroll while playing !!!!!!!!!!!!!SCROOLLLLLLLIN SCROLLLIN SCROOOOLIN<!!