Battery Pack for the RH1

Rate this topic

Strungup

In the cell phone dept .I found this . it will not charge from dead battery state , but from 20% or so left on the MD it will kik the charger.

Its output is only 300 ma but it is 5.1 volts .

in the 4th pic you will see the time on the MD 6 hours 51minutes. on the battery pack

post-63214-1219540201_thumb.jpg post-63214-1219540212_thumb.jpg

post-58665-1219678044_thumb.jpgAfter_F7_Run.bmp

Edited by Guitarfxr

What is the device shown in in your photos? Can you provide a link with more info? Many battery accessories providing USB power for the RH1 have been discussed on this board. Is this one better?

MandoRod

In the cell phone dept .I found this . it will not charge from dead battery state , but from 20% or so left on the MD it will kik the charger.

Let me get this straight: this little device will power the RH1. I guess you can charge it on the USB connector. OK. So, that it is an iPod accessory is odd? I am glad it is available.

Cheers B)

Yes it will power by itself ( No battery in the MD ) and it will recharge from 30 % on the MD ( I wouldnt go lower than that )

The output is 5.09 volts 300ma

"So is this like a DIY project? Goodjob."

No I didnt build it , I found it in the Cell phone Battery area of Yodobashi Camera ( an electronics store )

I bought three of them , and took one apart to see what was inside , Took pics and posted them for you guys.

So , If you go to Best Buy , or Circuit Silly , or Comp USA , and dig thru the Battery sections and the Cell phone accessories you might find it .

The Battery pack with two NMHD AA's by itself ( no battery in the RH1 ) gave me over 6 hours, Play time , so cut 30% off of that for record time .

• 2 weeks later...

Just to jump in with my same litany: Macally IP-A481. Charges from the USB or the SONY RH1 charger. Can allow the recording of ~20 Hi-MD's and you will be in sleep deprivation before it runs down on play. Costs ~US$30, comes in black and is size-compatible with the RH1. I love mine. Oh, it is LiIon.

Cheers B)

Better Energy Systems Solio. Li-Ion. Mains charge and last & not least: sun charge. No extra expenses from portable electronic devices after investment in the Solio. No extra batteries. No correspondence on your electricity bill if you charge from the sun exclusively. Charge your device out in the sun and your device will have its battery reloaded and the Solio will charge at the same time, losing no capacity. Interchangeable tips for most common mobiles phones default in the basic package, including mini-USB (Motorola) for MD Walkman. Extra tips available separately (iPod, ...). Some illustrations in MDCF's gallery.

Eh, bien, c'est vrai ça. But you have sunlight in sunny France, le bon pays. Out here in Oregon we only read about it. ;o)

Cheers

Eh, bien, c'est vrai ça. But you have sunlight in sunny France, le bon pays. Out here in Oregon we only read about it. ;o)

Cheers

ROTF LMAO ,,,, awwwww Booj , ....well , If you ever move to Seattle at least uo would have Coffee to go with the rain. :buba:

Better Energy Systems Solio. Li-Ion. Mains charge and last & not least: sun charge. No extra expenses from portable electronic devices after investment in the Solio. No extra batteries. No correspondence on your electricity bill if you charge from the sun exclusively. Charge your device out in the sun and your device will have its battery reloaded and the Solio will charge at the same time, losing no capacity. Interchangeable tips for most common mobiles phones default in the basic package, including mini-USB (Motorola) for MD Walkman. Extra tips available separately (iPod, ...). Some illustrations in MDCF's gallery.

what I dislike about http://www.solio.com is that they state nothing about replacement batteries when the internal Li-Ion poops itself thru too many charge cycles. So the life of the device is limited by the internal Li-Ion (most get 500ish charges before their charge-carrying capacity is noticeably reduced, and Li-Ion don't like higher temps so the lifetime of the device may be reduced even more in a device like this). It's also a bulky design (I've seen better designs that just flip open like a Nintendo DS that don't waste surface area on a dubious petal-like design) and not waterproof (something which I think is essential for anything that's left out in the sun to be sold around the world in different weather zones)

...and it's too expensive, IMO.

what I dislike about http://www.solio.com is that they state nothing about replacement batteries when the internal Li-Ion poops itself thru too many charge cycles. So the life of the device is limited by the internal Li-Ion (most get 500ish charges before their charge-carrying capacity is noticeably reduced, and Li-Ion don't like higher temps so the lifetime of the device may be reduced even more in a device like this). It's also a bulky design (I've seen better designs that just flip open like a Nintendo DS that don't waste surface area on a dubious petal-like design) and not waterproof (something which I think is essential for anything that's left out in the sun to be sold around the world in different weather zones)

...and it's too expensive, IMO.

Wow ... that was a mouthfull.

Yes it will power by itself ( No battery in the MD ) and it will recharge from 30 % on the MD ( I wouldnt go lower than that )

The output is 5.09 volts 300ma

"So is this like a DIY project? Goodjob."

No I didnt build it , I found it in the Cell phone Battery area of Yodobashi Camera ( an electronics store )

I bought three of them , and took one apart to see what was inside , Took pics and posted them for you guys.

If you want to DIY or kit build check out this...

http://www.ladyada.net/make/mintyboost/

I haven't built or used but it looks like a similar design

cheers

Paul

Edited by thebrunswicktwitcher