Linux drivers for MZ-NH600?

Rate this topic

hessiess

hi

i'm converting to ubuntu, it wont recognise my hi-md recorder. are there any linux drivers avaloble? its mostly used as a infanate capacity memory stick!. sonic stage is suppost to run in wine.

iv always hated mp3 players! especially the ipod.

im deslexic, plese excuse any speling errors

Edited by hessiess

No way under any Linux. Windows emulation may help, but then again - it may not. SonicStage is a really crazy piece of software...

i just need to get it working as a memory stick for now ;) mabie i can emulate the driver

why dos everyone hate sonic stage? its a good, easy to use peace of softwere.

Edited by hessiess

i just need to get it working as a memory stick for now ;) mabie i can emulate the driver

why dos everyone hate sonic stage? its a good, easy to use peace of softwere.

My linux box (Xandros 3.0) recognizes my RH10 as a "removable disk" and can browse the file structure. It is possible that it would do the same for the nh600, if you are wanting to use it for external storage.

It's my personal belief that linux will become a serious competitor to Windows in the coming years. However... the chances of someone creating an open-source emulator for SonicStage are slim, which is regrettable. I have no problems with SonicStage; I use it regularly, and almost never use that "other" piece of software... can't remember the name, but it's bundled with QuickTime...

My linux box (Xandros 3.0) recognizes my RH10 as a "removable disk" and can browse the file structure. It is possible that it would do the same for the nh600, if you are wanting to use it for external storage.

It's my personal belief that linux will become a serious competitor to Windows in the coming years. However... the chances of someone creating an open-source emulator for SonicStage are slim, which is regrettable. I have no problems with SonicStage; I use it regularly, and almost never use that "other" piece of software... can't remember the name, but it's bundled with QuickTime...

my computer wont reconise it welst runing under linux. i hope that linux or somthing knoks m$ of the top of the computer market. there os's have just been geting werce. im lerning linux so i never haft to get vista

my computer wont reconise it welst runing under linux. i hope that linux or somthing knoks m$ of the top of the computer market. there os's have just been geting werce. im lerning linux so i never haft to get vista

My RH10 is listed as a "removable disk" under My Linux... but then, Xandros has a proprietary file manager that resembles Windows Explorer. Ubuntu may very well be recognizing it... it may just be a matter of "finding" it.

Ubuntu should pick it up as a removable drive, and you should be able to use it as such...

What version of Ubuntu are you running? I've had some issues with Festy (7.04) and mounting volumes... Haven't tried my Hi-MD units on that version yet though.

Edited by raintheory

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, because of how proprietary Sony is, it's a difficult task to get it working, let alone being able to use SonicStage in Linux. The linux kernel would most likely have seen your player (type dmesg in a terminal) but it doesn't know what to do with it. So, unfortunately, I had to buy a flash-based mp3 player (Sansa m240). There are some tools, but they don't allow ripping music to the player.