MZ-NH600/700 Still Available from Minidisc Access

Rate this topic

BIGHMW

MZ-NH600 and NH700 units are still available at MiniDisc Access at this link:

http://www.minidiscaccess.com/generic76.html

Yes they ARE the Aussie-market model, so rejoice European MiniDisc-heads!!! You don't have to put up with the infamous "Euro-Volume Cap", just get it from MiniDisc Access instead. They also have Bundles in stock, and TONS!!!

...and they ship worldwide, too!!!

BTW, RH1 units are also available from them, (the US version) as well,

Edited by BIGHMW

• 4 weeks later...

Yes they ARE the Aussie-market model, so rejoice European MiniDisc-heads!!! You don't have to put up with the infamous "Euro-Volume Cap", just get it from MiniDisc Access instead. They also have Bundles in stock, and TONS!!!

you can buy very very cheap MZ-NH600 on

http://www.minidisc.com.au/minidisc-units-c-1.html

if you order 2 MD 1GB blanks you get free shiping and it is about 120 $AU in total (but only in Australia) I am not sure that they ship worldwide. I got mine today and it is 600 model, not 600D, it has lin in!!

• 2 weeks later...

They ship international to some locations according to their website.

Edited by Sparky191

Does anyone know if the MZ-NH600 and MZ-NH700 are still actually being manufactured? I have a large number of Hi-MD compilations I use for commuting, where I tend to use an inexpensive MD player, because of the constant jostling and wear and tear. I'm wondering if I should start stocking up on players for the future, while they're still around, or if I don't need to worry.

Does anyone know if the MZ-NH600 and MZ-NH700 are still actually being manufactured? I have a large number of Hi-MD compilations I use for commuting, where I tend to use an inexpensive MD player, because of the constant jostling and wear and tear. I'm wondering if I should start stocking up on players for the future, while they're still around, or if I don't need to worry.

Hi There,

AFAIK the only unit now being manufactured bu Sony is the RH1. there are a lot still available from some retailers that picked up the stock from Sony. You could also go the ebay route or check the classifieds here from time to time.

Have fun,

Bob

Actually, the NH600 and 700 units are what we call "deadstock" or "new old stock" (brand new, discontinued, sealed and never used) that MiniDisc Access bought from Sony Australia when they discontinued both the MiniDisc and Hi-MD formats in that great nation Down Under. I currently own two NH700 units because I need a backup units in case the unit "gives up the inevitable ghost" and goes out on you. When it comes to the DC power adapter (AC-ES3010K) that is supplied with it, it is one set for 240v AC (Austrailan house current), built if you can find the U.S. version (120v AC) of this same DC adapter through Sony DAPC at this link:

http://servicesales.sel.sony.com/ecom/acce...ortable%20Audio

It says it works with the MZ-NH900, but it will also work with the 600 and 700 (the adapter stock supplied with them) units as well.

I got one of the MZ-NH700s and it works well with the Tuner remote from my MZ-NHF800

I have both a Canadian NH700 and an Australian NH700, which one is yours??? I know the jack/socket is the same on both the 700 and 800 units, so this would be of great help to me as I currently use the Canadian unit while the Aussie version I have as a backup in case it gives up the ghost.

Thanks.

Yes, everything is there. I believe that is set in the remote. I would expect there is some way to tell the remote it is North America to get all four bands. It would be set for Japan to receive Japanese FM, 9KHhz AM spacing and turn off weather and TV

Will the MZ-NH600 transfer all my old recordings from my MZ-R900?

I need to transfer around 50 discs worth of recordings and don't want to have to do it the analogue way.

Any advice would be great, thanks.

also does it connect to a mac?

You'll need the RH1 to upload those legacy recordings. It will also work on a mac (in Hi-MD mode at least, you won't be able to upload those old discs to mac though.. only PC).

No other units will upload the older formats unfortunately.