So I just opened my brand new RH1...

Rate this topic

whatsleftofj

...and I'm absolutely speechless. It's so much smaller than I thought it would be. For the record, I've been using my DH-10P as my player unit for the last 6 months at work, then my E900 in the car, but I expected it to be much closer to the other Hi-MD units I've seen. Oh no, this is so small and light and amazing... It's charging now, so I haven't even tested it out yet, but I had to post because no one else I know appreciates such things. The unit is beautiful. I need to go check it out some more. Can anyone recommend a good screen protector, or are all brands the same? I don't suppose a printable template exists? No, silly question.

p.s. I'm sorry to make yet another MZ-RH1 post, but I HAD to share this excitement! :wub:

...and I'm absolutely speechless. It's so much smaller than I thought it would be. For the record, I've been using my DH-10P as my player unit for the last 6 months at work, then my E900 in the car, but I expected it to be much closer to the other Hi-MD units I've seen. Oh no, this is so small and light and amazing... It's charging now, so I haven't even tested it out yet, but I had to post because no one else I know appreciates such things. The unit is beautiful. I need to go check it out some more. Can anyone recommend a good screen protector, or are all brands the same? I don't suppose a printable template exists? No, silly question.

p.s. I'm sorry to make yet another MZ-RH1 post, but I HAD to share this excitement! :wub:

Just get the 40 elk remote to mak it complete.

They belong together

from the posts here I couldn't quite figure out, does it show song/artist/album, or does it not give the full 3-lines?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the 40ELK is as fully functional on the RH1 as it is on the NH1, EH1 or EH930. When you scroll through the track listings, it normally shows the group name with individual songs in that group on the last three units. But on the RH1 with the 40ELK, there is no group name displayed although the songs are still listed in groups. This may not matter to some, but could be a hassle if you like to put multiple albums on a disc...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the 40ELK is as fully functional on the RH1 as it is on the NH1, EH1 or EH930. When you scroll through the track listings, it normally shows the group name with individual songs in that group on the last three units. But on the RH1 with the 40ELK, there is no group name displayed although the songs are still listed in groups. This may not matter to some, but could be a hassle if you like to put multiple albums on a disc...

au contrare , push the scroll wheel in and hold it for a couple , changes the scrolling The 40 is the best thing to happen to the RH1 , Rec Level control on the scroll wheel in record mode , much smoother than the side control on the RH1 itself .

Not only that but you Have rec level meters on the display of the 40 .

I have it and I Use it .

• 3 weeks later...

> just press the scroll wheel inwards, lightly, once: all playback modes available through scrolling up or downwards, including group play, which shows the group title when selected.

I'm thinking of picking up one on eBay for just under $60 shipped (China). A lot cheaper than regular retail (Minidisco etc.). Is this a wise move?

> just press the scroll wheel inwards, lightly, once: all playback modes available through scrolling up or downwards, including group play, which shows the group title when selected.

Please , do you have an instruction manual for the RM-MC40ELK REMOTE Or

do you know where can I find it??

Thanks

Please , do you have an instruction manual for the RM-MC40ELK REMOTE Or

do you know where can I find it??

Thanks

Hi everyone, I'm a new RH1 owner (relatively new to minidisc in general; I'm a musician and teacher). I'm beginning to love minidisc--especially for the editing capabilities. I've just took a shot at one of the RM-MC40ELKs discount from China. Hopefully all will be good. (See below.) I don't think the manual is included.

http://frame.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CompareItems

i used to love mine'' now i hate it'' ;; i rather go back to the stock one;; can't read it anyhowzz so the three lines are useless;; unless i use a magnifying glass and a spotlight..

can't seem to go from album to album smoothly..

the downfalls of the RM-MC40ELK are:

1) weak backlight

2) no dedicated GROUP buttons (nothing can really replace these)

but damned if I'd use another remote to search for a particular track I want; the three lines and rolly wheel rule.

the downfalls of the RM-MC40ELK are:

1) weak backlight

2) no dedicated GROUP buttons (nothing can really replace these)

but damned if I'd use another remote to search for a particular track I want; the three lines and rolly wheel rule.

but,, i (rayzray) hardly ever search just for one song;; i search mostly for an album;; like ping pong to an album and listen to the whole thing.. (usually one of my re-mixed albums of course)..

to pick an album on that RM-MC40ELK,, without seeing the three lines;; i have to do the wheel scrolling (IN DA DARK);; like playing Russian Roulette;; hit & miss;; "see Dick Run-See Jane Run";; Spot has a better change to find an album than me (rayzray)..

with the stock remote next to my bed;; i just use the album up and down;; round and round;; find the sound;; it's no frown..

Edited by rayzray

Not trying to break the Wallet ( I got a few freinds who complain of that , I get something , we end up buying the same thing , and then they look at the wallet .....OOPs)

just search the net for "RM-MC40ELK" and youll find quite a few places to order from , take your time buy new not used.

Its worth the extra dough.

The scroll wheel is the Recording level control in record mode , and it is Nice and smooth , plus you will have Dual Level meters in the display when recording.

I really want to get one, but I don't like how it's so bulky.

most "non-Believers" ask me (razyray):: "What kind of I-Pod is that;; (or MP3 player)" when they see my bulky (RM-MC40ELK) remote;; cause i have it dangling somewhere on me and my Hi-MD900 unit is hidden in my fanny pack..

i usually make up a story of how this NEW revolutinary bling bling is taking over the world;; and i leave the ppl;; speachless in Seattle..!!

Edited by rayzray

Lol, speachless in Seattle. I get positive comments most of the time when people see my RH1. Most of them say it's very "cool".

oops;; i thought you were talking about the remote;; i didn't realize you were talking about the BULKY RH1;; i am going back to my nap..

I really want to get one, but I don't like how it's so bulky.

that's why you accessorise, dahling!

Different remotes for different purposes / moods / days / nights / clothes.

Sometimes you need the bulk, other times you travel light.

Oh that remote is 'you', dahlink. Yes, wear it like that.

etc etc :)

oops;; i thought you were talking about the remote;; i didn't realize you were talking about the BULKY RH1;; i am going back to my nap..

Oh... but I was talking about the remote. I was just also stating that my RH1 turn people speechless.

@tekroid, lol, yeah I guess I could think of a situation where I would need it.

Oh... but I was talking about the remote. I was just also stating that my RH1 turn people speechless.....

gee, that was a great nap!!

i don't go anywhere without by BULKY remote hanging out of my body somewheres..

i did finally get the knack of finding an album without looking at it using the scroll wheel.. (since i can't seem to see the print).. (( i do carry a small magnifying glass IF i really want to read it))!!!! Lookin at it in sunlight seems to be the best way..

i am getting good at it;; wish they wudda put a "find the album" thinggy on it;; unless i missed it somewheres..

most "non-Believers" ask me (razyray):: "What kind of I-Pod is that;; (or MP3 player)" when they see my bulky (RM-MC40ELK) remote;; cause i have it dangling somewhere on me and my Hi-MD900 unit is hidden in my fanny pack..

i usually make up a story of how this NEW revolutinary bling bling is taking over the world;; and i leave the ppl;; speachless in Seattle..!!

"Speechless in Seattle" - hey, I resemble that comment!!! :pleasantry:

"Speechless in Seattle" - hey, I resemble that comment!!! :pleasantry:

Me too dude, just a Bainbridge ferry ride and the Hood Canal Bridge cruising distance away from you here in Port Townsend (40 miles "by flight of the crow"), my management got my into MD in 1998, and I got into the MD/Hi-MD hybrid units in 2004, as an upgrade from the MD-only units.

...and they say that we're all hicks here that are still lost in the 1980s (or the 60s with most of the hippie-like folks here in town).... not me!!!

Edited by BIGHMW

As far as looking for the RM-MC40ELK, avoid the cheap ones on eBay available from China for around $40.00. You'll regret it later if you don't.

Buy from Japan has them for quite a bit less than some of our favorite stateside vendors. I would think they'd be a safe bet.

Is the Sony RM-MC40ELK compatible with older MD players, e.g. MZ-R50, R70, etc.?

Is the Sony RM-MC40ELK compatible with older MD players, e.g. MZ-R50, R70, etc.?

not really , I have the R50 and tried it with it , some functions would work some wouldnt , The 40 is basically compatable with all HiMD's and the HDD players that Sony makes

Would be nice tho wouldnt it !

not really , I have the R50 and tried it with it , some functions would work some wouldnt , The 40 is basically compatable with all HiMD's and the HDD players that Sony makes

Would be nice tho wouldnt it !

Sure would, as I have R37, 50 and 70. I've already sprung for one of the Chinese $40 remotes for my RH1 and hope it's gonna be ok. (Wish I'd seen the previous post re the Buy From Japan option before I bought.)

Sure would, as I have R37, 50 and 70. I've already sprung for one of the Chinese $40 remotes for my RH1 and hope it's gonna be ok. (Wish I'd seen the previous post re the Buy From Japan option before I bought.)

I saw a Blue R37 at Hardoff (Shoulda Bought it )in pretty good shape for 2,100 yen last week