How good is the Earphones supplied with Walkman Bean

Rate this topic

Guest Stuge

I have notice that the supplied earphones(MDR-E10) with Bean are different from the bundled earphones shipped with others Network walkmans (MDR-E931).So anybody who is owing Bean can easly tell me how are they.

I mean to say how is the bass,treble to hear??

Are they comfortable because E931 are very uncomfotable ???

sony_mdre10sp.jpg

Sony actually sells the E10 seperately. I managed to get one when Target had it on sale for US$5 (regular retail is US$10). It has a Y style cord, not neckchain. Sound quality wise, I would say it's a poorman's EX71. The sound is tuned for more bass and treble, similar to the EX71. Compared to Apple's iPod stock bud, it's better in the sense you'll get more bass and treble. However, when compared to the E838, the E10, again has more bass and treble, but the actual sound is clearer with the E838, including the high frequencies. Listening music with the E10 is not as enjoyable as the E838. Sure, you have better bass, but overall clarity is definitely lacking.

If you are looking for bass from a stock bud, like the Apple iPod stockbud or sony E808, then the E10 is a cheap decent upgrade. If you're looking for an actual better earbud in sound quality, the E10 might not cut it, unless you think more bass = better sound quality. IMO, the E838 is still superior.

As for comfort, the E931 stock bud are "not comfortable" because Sony doesn't include any earbud foams. The retail E10 luckily comes with earbud foams, so it is as comfortable as any earbud with the foam. :)