Will Hi-CDs be released?

Rate this topic

Guest Gray Rider

No new models this year, current stock not being renewed once its gone. Availability of RH1 is all but gone.

No new model this year doesn't mean stopping production.

MZ-RH1 says nothing about the MZ-M200.

At best you are guessing. It may happen. It may not. I doubt they are stopping production this year. When I see flash models do what MiniDisc does, then I'll believe it.

Guessing would be if there was no evidence to back it up. However you can see with your own eyes that few places on the web or your local stores are carrying HiMD devices anymore. You know if you go in and ask, and from reports here and across the web. That stores that do have low stock have been told they will not get any more stock, or that they expect to get no more. HiMD is disappearing out of retail. On the opposite side you have no evidence at all they they are still making them or that there will be a new model. I'm not saying 100% there won't. Just that theres no evidence to back that opinion up.

Guessing would be if there was no evidence to back it up. However you can see with your own eyes that few places on the web or your local stores are carrying HiMD devices anymore. You know if you go in and ask, and from reports here and across the web. That stores that do have low stock have been told they will not get any more stock, or that they expect to get no more. HiMD is disappearing out of retail. On the opposite side you have no evidence at all they they are still making them or that there will be a new model. I'm not saying 100% there won't. Just that theres no evidence to back that opinion up.

if Sony really are concentrating on professional audio segmentation, then it makes sense that Hi-MD is disappearing from mass market merchants but staying in more muso-friendly retailers. Is their proof that the MZ-M200 is also disappearing?

If so, then that would be a good sign.