Should I get an E507?

Rate this question

RedemptioN419

Question

Now that Sony announces the discontinuation of the NW-E300 series, Codename 'BEAN' (the same day I purchased a 307!! Bangs head on keyboard), I feel like returing my bean and getting a core E507 just because. Not to be a sexist, but I heard that Sony focused their NWBean for the girls...i'm a guy. And I've also heard how people rarely see the Bean floating in anyones hands, which hints its unpopularity. And i've always noticed its fragile structure, pushing the cap back from hold makes me feel that i'm going to break it sooner or later.

I just need some opinions. Is the extra money worth it? Or should I just wait until they decrease the prices on the E400/E500, or wait until they release the A600 series here in the US?

I've already had 3 exchanges on the same NW already...irritating the sales clerk.

27 answers to this question

I see. But i'm pretty much in a budget hole, so here'e hoping the A607 isn't over 35% more than the E507

Prices of these new A600(series) have already dropped in Japan so by the time they are realsed in US prices will not be that high.

in asia the price of E500 series has drops since last year

but A608 is just out in asia so i doubt they will slash its price that soon?

but i still hope they will slash it ehhe

to me i dont mind to get e507 too as its price has lowered at my area

but i wlll get 1GB at least but a608 2GB price is kinda like omg 100bucks extra just for err 1GB more compare to e500 1GB version too

even e500 is USB1.1 but just got to wait longer for transfer

Edited by madleet3

The A600 series seems to be a progression from the E400/500 CORE series so it would make sense to try and wait until they are available.

Hopefully the pressure from the new Nanos will drive prices down by the time they are released in the US (& Australia if at all).

I'd like to see an A600 with 4-6GB capacity.

RedemptioN419,

Idea was good but have you seen how weak is the cover that protects the usb plug .

When I saw E300 on the store i was impressed but the USB plug & it`s cover were so delicate that I decided not to buy it .

Guest Stuge

I think i'm just going to get the E507 because Sony hasn't released the A608 in the U.S. months after its release elsewhere.

Why don`t you import one from Canada ?

Canadian currency, though the same as U.S. currency, have more value than the U.S. currency. The NW-E507 is 129 USDollars here. But in Canadian Dollars, its 149, which is th price the NW-E507 had before the price drop.

But then again, its not a bad Idea. I've searched some store sites that are selling the NW-A608 at a whopping 249 USDollars, and thats a lot of money. I'm hoping to find one that is under 200 dollars, granted its only 1 gigabyte larger.

And yes, the U.S. has not received the NW-A600 series for a great time now (As well as the NW-A1000 or NW-A3000, not here yet). Tis a sad, sad place in my world :(

I have a question. Are the NW-A600 series supported through Windows 98SE? Or any other past Windows Operating Systems? Just wondering.

Edited by RedemptioN419

Guest Stuge

I have a question. Are the NW-A600 series supported through Windows 98SE? Or any other past Windows Operating Systems? Just wondering.

Connect does not work on Windows 98SE..It only works with Windows Xp .

After comparing my brother's A608 to my E407, it's easy to see that A608 is filled with much more features (useless, but cool features). For instance, the display screens are cooler, there are many different modes to choose from, all showing information in a different style. The only thing I found that is weird is that is only available in violet and silver. The upside of the color is that it is not uniform, it is like a shiny gradient, which looks much cooler than the NW-E4xx/5xx.

Guest Stuge

yea its got more functions but not really needed doh

but i dont like its purple blueish color doh

still waiting for others color to come to asia

If i do buy A608 then i will buy "Emerald blue" from Japan ..it`s so cool

If i do buy A608 then i will buy "Emerald blue" from Japan ..it`s so cool

Yeh, that one looks really nice. It is a limited SonyStyle Japan edition one isn't it ?

Guest Stuge

Yeh, that one looks really nice. It is a limited SonyStyle Japan edition one isn't it ?

Yeah...I want this but after the news of RH-1 i have decided not to buy A608 right now .

Prices is also very low 20,000(Yen)

Yeah...I want this but after the news of RH-1 i have decided not to buy A608 right now .

Prices is also very low 20,000(Yen)

actually i still hope sony MD's c/w FM

as most of its MDs range dont now a days

looks not bad too doh

sony_MZ-RH1.jpg

Edited by madleet3

I carry both the NW-E507 and the RH10. I think they compliment each other. I'd probably get the A608 (or successor larger model) when it is released in the USA.

I'm excited about the RH1 as well. I hope the black version is available in the USA.

Paul