Weird! my md-s39 deck plays lp2

Rate this topic

THIS SUCKS

i have a disk with the beginning recorded in old sp from another deck and lp2 tracks recorded after that from my mz-n707 portable. i was playing the sp tracks first at the beginning of the deck then after they were done. i forgot to push stop because the non md-lp decks play only silence when they play lp2 and lp4 but then all of a sudden randomly in 2 second bursts i could hear it play parts of the lp2 tracks about every 1 min or so of the lp2 tracks. its the strangest thing! has anyone evre heard of anything like this. i wish i could do something to make the deck play the whole lp2 track all the time.

i noticed some similar "anomalies" before after TOC cloning with a disc that had multiple formats on it...

well what i really dont understand is if the unit can read the data at all. it must be able to read it all the time! maybe its just set to off as in play no sound for lp2 and lp4. does any one know anything about this? i am an electronics technician and i want to try to turn it on all the time!