MP3 CDs

Rate this topic

BobS

I am using SS 4.2. I uploaded some tracks from a HiMD disk. I then tried to make an MP3 CD from SonicStage and get an err message saying the media does not support the file type. I tried the same operation on another machine with SS 4.2 with the same results. Anyone tried this and had it work ? The files I uploaded were originally MP3 files that were not DRM protected. I had lost the MP3s and wanted to recreate them without going to .wav and then to MP3.

I am using SS 4.2. I uploaded some tracks from a HiMD disk. I then tried to make an MP3 CD from SonicStage and get an err message saying the media does not support the file type. I tried the same operation on another machine with SS 4.2 with the same results. Anyone tried this and had it work ? The files I uploaded were originally MP3 files that were not DRM protected. I had lost the MP3s and wanted to recreate them without going to .wav and then to MP3.

actually if your in Windoze , just copy the mp3's directly to the cd , You dont need SS to do that , Blank CD , drag and drop the files to the cd icon right klik , burn it.

I lost the original MP3s. All I have is the copy transferred to HiMD. I want to avoid converting to .wav and then to MP3

ouch ok , dont know what to tell you , Switch from NCH doesnt convert ATRAC to mp3 but it will convert all kinds of other stuff.

I dont know of any other conversion software that will go straight from ATRAC to mp3