Does Hi-MD better have sound quality over the Ipod?

Rate this topic

minidisciskewl

If you've a habit of dropping expensive electronics, I guess don't buy them. Same would apply to a decent camera, DSLR, PDA etc. I wouldn't go back to the inconvience of a film camera because digital cameras aren't as robust, regardless of the quality of film. Its not about listening to X amount of hours. But listening to the right 3mins.

I guess I'm "old school" enough that I don't mind taking 2 seconds to put another disc in if I want Laibach instead of Procol Harum. The dropping comes from acquaintances who've had their pods fail for no apparent reason, build million some are bound to fail. If my "needs" were different maybe I'd sing a different tune, but I do know it won't be an I-Pod, , the just don't cut it for me aesthecically, funcionally, or anything else.

JMHO

Bob

Apparently I got nailed with the "Old School " moniker as well Bob , When we were kids , we had the BIG lego sets 3000 plus pieces, Now you do them on the computer in 3D ( Free download by the way ) ......

But in agreement ,..... gone is the tactile sensation , of the hands being connected to , and used with . It seems more tangeble , more involved with .

Now everything is disconnected , people are disconnected , I think that in itself is why I didnt connect with the iPod , You do Have a Lifes worth of stuff in your pocket , never have to look up , or even have a conversation anymore . Video , Albumn covers , Podcasts, Websurfing , everything right at the finger tips , your thumbs and fingers become your voice , email , and messages , never any real discussion .

That is what the iPod represented to me , so if I said something offensive I apologize ..... but it isnt just the iPod , it is society , times have changed.Cellphone Typing Competitions have replaced Spelling Bee's , ....... I still type in a hunt and peck style .

I have empathy for an old school approach. But none for the logic that all less capacity is better, otherwise MD > HiMD. Or that MD/HiMD units are the pinnacle of UI and ergonomics or they never fail.

Theres a bunch of other DAPs out there besides iPods, but why do people here always drone on about iPods? Even Sony make DAPs and HD ones too! Why not a thread about the SQ of the Sony DAPs vs RH1.

I have empathy for an old school approach. But none for the logic that all less capacity is better, otherwise MD > HiMD. Or that MD/HiMD units are the pinnacle of UI and ergonomics or they never fail.

Theres a bunch of other DAPs out there besides iPods, but why do people here always drone on about iPods? Even Sony make DAPs and HD ones too! Why not a thread about the SQ of the Sony DAPs vs RH1.

Because all the other companies are busy trying to make the "iPod Killer" so they look second place from the start , all the attention s focused on the iPod ( when in fact as you point out , there Are a bunch of other DAP's out there and a lot of them are Better !)

But iTunes is now the #1 online market place , and the iPod is what syncs with it , and does so for both Win/Mac

Not many of the others sync with a Mac or iTunes , I think that might be why the iPod gets the issues.