Unit not closing/opening properly

Rate this topic

Sony_Fan

I've had my M200/RH1 for about 2 weeks and since then it won't close properly. I insert a disc and I have to push it down hard for it to close. Then when I eject a disc, it doesn't open all the way and I have to lift it and pull the disc out. Is anyone with an RH1/M200 having similar problems? I'm considering sending it back to Minidisco for an exchange. I'm still within the 30 day return period.

I took a short video of the problems I'm having. You may need to adjust the brightness when viewing:

http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n295/ch...nt=MOV00719.flv

Edited by Chris G

Well, the lock on the RH1 definitely has some tolerances. The two unfortunate units belonging to me have about a ~.3 - .5mm difference when closed. Looks like the yours has a more serious problem.

I am currently enjoying a blue RH910 purchased 6 days ago in mint condition, and both my RH1's are now only used as downloaders for it. The RH910 has no problems whatsoever, and the soft sound of it reminds me of better times. Currently listening to the chamber works of Francis Poulenc.

Edited by Avrin

Wow, that looks like a dud. My RH1 feels solid. The question is, will Minidisco have a replacement?

I just checked their website inventory and they have 46 in stock. I have the M200, so it's identical to the RH1. Should I email them the link of the video to show them the problems i'm having?

My RH1 was bought exclusively for and is used strictly as a data drive/uploader/downloader, so I won't have to worry (too much) about those issues. As for playback, I have my two NH700's and two RH710's for that purpose. For live recording, it will be a tossup between the RH1 and NH700 (the RH710 is not used for this purpose because of it lacking a mic input jack).

I've had my M200/RH1 for about 2 weeks and since then it won't close properly. I insert a disc and I have to push it down hard for it to close. Then when I eject a disc, it doesn't open all the way and I have to lift it and pull the disc out. Is anyone with an RH1/M200 having similar problems? I'm considering sending it back to Minidisco for an exchange. I'm still within the 30 day return period.

I took a short video of the problems I'm having. You may need to adjust the brightness when viewing:

http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n295/ch...nt=MOV00719.flv

definately send it back.

Yeah, I'll send it back. I just have to contact Minidisco on the proper steps to send it back, but i'll have to wait til Monday. I bought the M200 for mainly 2 reasons: 1.) This is possible the last Hi-MD model and 2.) Clear MP3 playback and I can use MP3gain to normalize all my music. Unfortunately, my RH10 MP3 playback sucks and there is no such thing as ATRACgain (somebody please do it).

I just checked their website inventory and they have 46 in stock. I have the M200, so it's identical to the RH1. Should I email them the link of the video to show them the problems i'm having?

u dont need to send them the link as long as u still got the 30 day return guarantee. just ask for a return or ask them to exchange it.