What happened?

Rate this topic

mdtransituserli

I can't seem to find Hi-MD units or any MD units anywhere. Even the internet stores are out of stock, esp the RH910. Has Sony completely stopped making minidisc?

I can't believe people...they are so dumb buying into the Ipod and Ipod clone garbage. Ipods dont have a replacable battery. There's no audio input. It's linked to a bunch of progs that take up memory and are infelxible. People seem to have no problem trading their rights away when it comes to recording!

I'm just glad my MD units are still working great, and I dont have to buy a new one. If I did I'd be SOL, because you cant find them ANYWHERE.

Yeah they are on eBay but you know you'll be getting ripped there as the price of discontinued items can soar high.

I was thinking of getting into Hi-MD....I guess it's too late now.

I hate Steve Jobs and Apple for brainwashing people into avoiding such a good thing. :aggressive:

I can't seem to find Hi-MD units or any MD units anywhere.

It's not too late, but I would act expeditiously if I were you. They say they only have one left of the silver MZ-NH700, presumably more of this one.

http://www.minidiscaccess.com/item.html?PRID=1553219

And if you have the money and don't mind paying for the DS70P mic, there's the RH1 here.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/4468...D_Recorder.html

I can't seem to find Hi-MD units or any MD units anywhere. Even the internet stores are out of stock, esp the RH910. Has Sony completely stopped making minidisc?

I can't believe people...they are so dumb buying into the Ipod and Ipod clone garbage. Ipods dont have a replacable battery. There's no audio input. It's linked to a bunch of progs that take up memory and are infelxible. People seem to have no problem trading their rights away when it comes to recording!

I'm just glad my MD units are still working great, and I dont have to buy a new one. If I did I'd be SOL, because you cant find them ANYWHERE.

Yeah they are on eBay but you know you'll be getting ripped there as the price of discontinued items can soar high.

I was thinking of getting into Hi-MD....I guess it's too late now.

I hate Steve Jobs and Apple for brainwashing people into avoiding such a good thing. :aggressive:

Well, this topic has been done to death, but Sony is only making one unit now. They stopped making them because no one was buying them, for a whole bunch of reasons. It may actually be better this way, if they continue to make at least one good, powerful unit targeted at the hobbyist market. The vast majority of people have no interest in live recording, or real-time recording, and wouldn't know how to do it even if they wanted to. Most iTunes users don't even know how to change the default import settings, let alone what to make of some of the crazy crap Sony hoisted on consumers with ATRAC, NetMD, ATRAC3Plus, etc. etc (in terms of understanding the difference between each version, which unit could play what, etc. etc.). As a playback unit for the masses - MD is sorely lacking compared to most DAPs in terms of ease of use, transfer time, support for playlists, etc. etc. They just want something that looks cool, works relatively well, and sounds decent. And that is what the iPod does. As far as battery life - I don't really think that is an issue any more. Most iPods get 15-20 hours of playback per charge, and batter longevity seems to be 2-3 years or more. Plus there is the whole issue of accessories.

Actually in terms of eBay - you can get a good quality NetMD unit for $20-$30. There aren't that many HiMD units for sale, because they never sold that many.

...and here: http://www.minidiscaccess.com/item.html?PRID=1564739

What are you waiting for?

The M200 is the same as the RH1 (as if that hasn't been beaten to death yet), the only difference is that it comes bundled with the ECM-DS70P mic as an added bonus.

...here too: http://www.minidisc-canada.com/shopexd.asp?id=734

At least THIS may be the only place outside of eBay to carry the RH1, but here it is.

Wow, Ray, which stores did you see them in?

this place near Boston (Needam,Mass);; called "You-Do-It";; the Web site is INSANE;; i can't figure it out;; but,, then;; i'm ME (rayzray)..

that's the place i bought the Pioneer DVJ-1000 A/V turntable;;

it's an Electronic Candy Store-- well originally a wholesale place i think ;; then You-Do-it;; then They_did_it etc..

i originally discovered it about 20 years ago when i used to take my ARP synthesizer to be fixed right at the Arp Manufacturer

the whole area is an Electrnic conglomerate;; the CENTER of all the Military Secret stuff;; and where Enolu went to college..

i wouldn't be surprized if there were other Electronic stores there;; i know they have the Big allegator at Braintree mall;; which i think is a Government "spy" with a camera down it's throat..

YEAH;;!! THE MOST useless WEBSITE in the world;; i can't click on to the ones i am interested in;; like Sony and Digital inovations;; whoever put that site together is NOT an Audio guy/gal..

they have such a great array of electronic bling blings ON the floor;; TWO floors of it;; including a big DJ room..

all the HD TV's and security equipment;; monitors;; heat shrink tubes of ALL sizes;; splitters;; combiners;; cables;; wireless this and that;; spy equipment;; and not so spy equipment..

electronic do it yourselves kits for ALL ages;; even little kids;; big kids;; old men;; and bold men;; soul men and cold men;; i think even for "THIS OLD" man..

i can't come out of that place without a bag of something;;

ALL the area "Regional" electronic servicemen get thier supplies there;; there is always one to ask a question to;; i even think they have stuff i don't know what it's for;; perhaps a door or more..

Edited by rayzray

"ALL the area "Regional" electronic servicemen get thier supplies there;; there is always one to ask a question to;; i even think they have stuff i don't know what it's for;; perhaps a door or more.."

Would that be the famous door three, as in whats behind??

Went to the site, same frustrations, but looks like it would be a hard store to come away with empt handed, reminds me of the army surplus stores when I was a kid.

Bob