Sony Repairs on MZ-G750

Rate this topic

vore

I was on the Sony page looking up info on the RH1 when I noticed that Sony offers flat rate repairs on the G750's. For $107.00 including shipping Sony says it can repair my beloved mini disk player/recorder.

Does anyone have experience with this? I would think that if I can get my G750 working again given the sentimental value of the unit along with the features it has it would be worth it. I'm just wondering where they might be getting the parts from. The unit still turns on but it won't play.

Hope this question is in the right topic area.

I was on the Sony page looking up info on the RH1 when I noticed that Sony offers flat rate repairs on the G750's. For $107.00 including shipping Sony says it can repair my beloved mini disk player/recorder.

Does anyone have experience with this? I would think that if I can get my G750 working again given the sentimental value of the unit along with the features it has it would be worth it. I'm just wondering where they might be getting the parts from. The unit still turns on but it won't play.

Hope this question is in the right topic area.

where did you see that , plaese post the link , I would like to know if they would fix other units as well.

Would it not just be cheaper to buy another one 2nd hand?

It would if I could find another G750. I really liked this model. The controls and screen are large enough, and being able to hold on to my original unit plus having Sony do the repairs would be worth it.

I was foolish enough to try to bid for one of these on ebay only to find out that after going as high as 150.00, there was always someone who would go higher...then I read about price fixing. Where the original seller would have a friend bid on it to raise the price.

Compared to the features this unit has over similiar units that go for about $100 today...it's worth it to me.

where did you see that , plaese post the link , I would like to know if they would fix other units as well.

Customer care page

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores...AccessorySearch

go to technical on the right side

click on repair and service

A page will pop up where you can enter the model number to see if it can be repaired or replaced.

About flat-rate repair: I just got back my second MZ-B100 from the Laredo facility (under 2-week turnaround), and it seems to be fixed. Once you've gotten the repair authorization and given them a credit card number (which I did on-line), they notify on receipt of the unit, supply an internal job/tracking number, notify when it ships out, and give a UPS tracking number. The repair description on the invoice was a bit cryptic, but so far both repaired units are OK. Make sure your model is still covered by the flat-rate deal--there seems to be a sunset clause (7 years after end of production, I think). Otherwise, it seems like a pretty reasonable proposition, especially when second-hand B-100s are going for $200-300 on eBay.