Sennheiser opinions/info wanted

Rate this topic

ad50450

Hi There

I've always been impressed with Sennheisers since my Dad brought home some HD250s many years ago. Since then I bought some HD202s which I thought were great until I borrowed some HD525 and was blown away by the clarity and separation but disappointed by the lack of bass.

I want to upgrade a little and really need closed phones so I can use them at work or to block out flatmate noise while I'm getting to sleep. I was wondering about the HD280's. I see them right now on ebay for US54 which is pretty cheap even with postage to NZ. Over here they're about $300.

So, what can you tell me about the HD280s vs the HD202s I have and the HD525 I'm borrowing. What else would you recommend with good bass and separation (is that the right word, I'm talking about hearing each instrument distincly) in a cloed circumaural phone?

Much thanks.

Steve

So, what can you tell me about the HD280s vs the HD202s I have and the HD525 I'm borrowing. What else would you recommend with good bass and separation (is that the right word, I'm talking about hearing each instrument distincly) in a cloed circumaural phone?

You should post this on http://www.head-fi.org where you'll get a lot more replies--some of them even well-informed.

Edited by A440