The Blue Raja's MZ-NH3D pictorial x 2 ! (56k warning)

Rate this topic

ND311.jpg

Yes... I have come back to MD, and in full force. I have discovered a gem that I new little about until recently. It is called the MZ-NH3D. Same as the infamous flagship HiMD model MZ-NH1, but this unit was released ONLY in Japan, and is not a recorder, but a PLAYBACK unit only. Hence, no LCD screen on the body like the NH1, but in the absence of the LCD you get a nice FLAT metal face, as opposed to the slight hump that the NH1 has. What I like about it (and I can't help but compare it to the EH1 since these seem to be the thinnest HiMD models) is how it has a bit more heft than the NH1, and definitely more weight than the featherlight EH1. With slight more bulk (SLIGHT), it feels more like a player SHOULD in your hand (at least if your hand is as big as mine, as I can't handle a Nano or Sony A808).

I had not realized that the NH3D is actually more of a SQUARE than the EH1!! (you'll see in the comparison photos). Interesting. And yes, The Blue Raja now owns two NH3Ds... always in 2's folks ;) If I had a choice I probably would have had one silver and one blue, but I certainly think the blue looks much sharper than the silver anyway. Enjoy the pics, folks...

ND01.jpg

ND02.jpg

ND04.jpg

ND03.jpg

ND05.jpg

ND08.jpg

ND09.jpg

3D2b.jpg

3D2c.jpg

3D2.jpg

compe02.jpg

compe01.jpg

compe03.jpg

compe04.jpg

compe05.jpg

With this HiMD disc on top, you can truly see how much more rectanglar the EH1 is:

compe11.jpg

compe10.jpg

You may have noticed I really didnt' comment on the sound of this machine... that's because it's minidisc folks... it sounds perfect, what more can I say? :P

Excellent shots of your equipment Raja, ever consider doing pix for magazines or catalogs? What camera do you use for your

great shots? B.I.L.B.

Excellent shots of your equipment Raja, ever consider doing pix for magazines or catalogs? What camera do you use for your

great shots? B.I.L.B.

Thanks, thank you all for the nice comments.

I have a Canon Powershot S2, which has a macro. It's a decent digital camera, but not very intuitive. I actually bought it mainly to have VIDEO capability. I know that sounds backwards, but I didn't want to go the full, expensive DV route, plus I had to quickly replace a broken digital camera so I went for this model.

Anyway, back on topic ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...