RH1 batteries from China

Rate this topic

nathantw666

Just to let you know that I purchased a battery for my RH1 on Ebay from one of those places in China and if anyone was thinking of doing that I would say go for it. The battery works as it should. Paying $15 is a LOT better than paying $60 for the "official" ones. I'll probably pick up another now that I know the one I received works fine.

I've purchased a total of 8 of them so far (I know, it's a bit overkill but with the way minidisc players/recorders have all but stopped being manufactured, I didn't want to wake up and these batteries cost 40.00 each) and they have performed just as well or better than the "real" ones that came with my minidisc player/recorders. B.I.L.B.

I have bought several of these also and have had no problem.

A bit of warning though, do not overstock unless you plan on using the batteries. Lithium-Ion batteries will gradually loose capacity just sitting around, so they do have a shelf life. That is why laptop manufactures do not recommend buying a spare battery to use when the original goes bad, after several years the replacement will also have lost much of its capacity. I am not sure if cycling through them will extend the life. Just don't plan on storing some for several years.

Does anyone know if cold storage (not freezing) can extend the shelf life of a lithium-Ion battery ?

Hi;

Extract from Wikipedia:

Different storage temperatures produce different loss results: 6% loss at 0 °C (32 °F), 20% at 25 °C (77 °F), and 35% at 40 °C (104 °F). When stored at 40% - 60% charge level, these figures are reduced to 2%, 4%, 15% at 0, 25 and 40 degrees Celsius respectively.

More info on the next link-->

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_ion_battery

This is an issue I usually dont deal with when I should. I have several old units that I cant find batteries for and this thread got me thinking about the RH1. The options are to buy a few batteries and hope they don't diminish before I use them or pray Sony keeps making them. Life sure has it issues with a dying format...

Edited by SourMilkMoon