Making Hi-MD Music Transfer v2 to work for Mac OS X Leopard [read post#22]

Rate this topic

marc-hd

"..except that I've got no music transfer."

And there lies the crux , sorry to hear it isnt working , At least withe Tiger , I have the option of installing Classic as well ( both Panther and Tiger allow this ) so the I can have OS9 sitting in the machine , to run older apps .

does Leopard do this ?? If you can Have Tiger on the machine as well , in a separate install like OS9 will .

Just a curious thought , If I could do that , then I would probably get leopard . I am just to used to Tiger now.

• 7 months later...

You don't need to separate or remove anything. Leave it in you Applications folder, just foloow these steps:

1. Run the installer and install both: Monitor and Transfer apps.

2. Then go to System Preferences/Accounts/Login Items and delete Hi-MDmonitor from the list.

3. Open Activity monitor, find and quit the process, or restart computer

That's it...

Next time you connect your Hi-MD unit to your computer you have to start Hi-MD Transfer manually, everything else works great.

Hello,

I followed all these steps, It is almost working... But the button "Import" does not ! :scratchhead:

I verified the "About Hi-MD Music Transfer", the version is correct : version 2.0.00.06273.

Everything seems to be ok, I can see the files and I can delete some. But the "Import" Button does not do anything.

I noticed that it is not possible to configure the place where the files are downloaded.

- Do I need to create a specific Folder by hand ?

- Where the files are supposed to be ?

- Do you think it is the cause that the Import button does not work ? :aggressive:

Thank you for any answer, I despair. :give_heart2:

Shpome

I bought a MZ-RH1 last July, and despite my best efforts, have never managed to download tracks from my mac. I recently got a new MacBook and have downloaded the recent software for Mac Ver. 2.0. I have spent hours trying everything - ages on the phone to Sony Helplines; changing sound music files to WAV and MP3 format; and I still get the stark message when I click on the Hi-MD icon: 'No compatible tracks found'.

Is there anyone out there who can help me!!!???!!!

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I followed all these steps, It is almost working... But the button "Import" does not ! :scratchhead:

I verified the "About Hi-MD Music Transfer", the version is correct : version 2.0.00.06273.

Everything seems to be ok, I can see the files and I can delete some. But the "Import" Button does not do anything.

I noticed that it is not possible to configure the place where the files are downloaded.

- Do you think it is the cause that the Import button does not work ? :aggressive:

Shpome

Sorry, this might seem obvious: Have you selected (highlighted) the track(s) you want to import, before you click the import button?

The tracks are imported onto the desktop. I don't think it's possible to create a folder to import into.

I bought a MZ-RH1 last July, and despite my best efforts, have never managed to download tracks from my mac.

Do you mean you want to copy files from your Mac to your MD? Selecting and dragging files from iTunes doesn't work, for some reason. But you can drag folders and files from the iTunes Music folder into the Hi-MD Transfer window, and then they copy fine.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I am new to this and not nearly techy enough...

I have a Kenwood DMC-K7R(L) and would like to transfer my minidiscs to my computer or a cd somehow. I have a MacBook running 10.5.7. I will buy a cable but am not willing to buy a new piece of equipment to achieve this goal. I have itunes and garage band. I will download additional software if necessary but will not spend a huge amount of dollars on it.

I am desperate for guidance! Am I completely out of luck without buying new equipment?

Just thinking alternatives here... maybe there is a service that will do the transfer for me? Or would anyone out there who has the transfer system down like to make a few bucks?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer!

Hello,

Shpome

Did you Highlight the Files before kliking the Import Button ? You have to do that . Klik one to highlight . Or Command +Klik to highlight several , or Command +A for All files .

The Files will be put on your desktop . From there you can drag them into a Folder ( I keep a Shortcut to different folders in MUSIC , and when you drag a file to the shortcut it gets put in the folder in the Main partition where the shortcut leads to )

Tiger on PPC I can see , but running Leopard on a PPC is pushing it to far , like Overclocking A Dell Laptop made for WIN98 and putting XP SP3 on it with only 128 MB memory ,and a P2 processor .......... It will run , but there are a lot of things it just wont do . The Hardware and the Software have to agree . Secondly Sony hasn't updated MD Transfer to work with Leopard , it was made for OSX in it's earlier forms .

Leopard is a whole new rewrite of OSX , Completely new architecture , and the programming language has changed a bit . So I cant really see MD Transfer running freely on Leopard , that is why I am still on Tiger . Leopard is pretty , .......... BUT .........

More then 10 months later, I just noticed this. I have OS X 10.5.7 running on two PPCs. One is a Mac Mini, the other an eMac. Both of them have 1 gb RAM and 1.25 GHz G4 processors. They've had Leopard on them for some time now, from maybe 10.5.3 or 4. The Mini gets heavy use as an editorial production machine (not just Word, Acrobat Professional and some other stuff running concurrently). Granted, the Mini used this way isn't the fastest computer ever, but it's tolerable and more important, everything works. I had my doubts, but figured it was worth a shot, and I've always like the idea of the PPC RISC architecture.

Eventually, these machines will have to be replaced by Intel-based ones, but I am guessing that's a couple of years away.

The eMac is a (more or less) turn-key backup to the Mini. I use it mostly for browsing, email, and iTunes. No problems relating to 10.5.* yet.

So, I am not sure what it (they) won't do under Leopard. I switched from Tiger because it is helpful to remain as current as is practical. Last thing I need is getting a call at work from my wife, reporting that some app or other won't run b/c the OS isn't up to date.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for your reply, but it still doesn't work. The problem is 'no importable files found'. No matter what I do, I still get this message.

You might be recording in SD mode without realizing it.

For what it's worth, I'm running the most current version of Leopard on my PowerPC-based notebook and Hi-MD MT v2 works a treat.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys..

As you were all talking about the different versions of OS X, what about OS X 10.5.8 - anyone any experience?

I downloaded Hi-MD music tranfer - everything alright, but it always says "device/media not connected" (of course it is, via usb..)

Anyone an idea how to solve that prob?

Thankful for every answer!

btw: I own a MZ-RH1 if that is helpful..

• 5 months later...

Yeah, I'm running Mac OS 10.5.8, and Hi-MD music Transfer V2, with no luck.

I'm using a MD walkman, MZ-NH700.

I followed sixx's directions but as someone else has said, the tracks just wont import, no matter how many times I press the button! (and yes, they're highlighted).

Are there any other drivers to chose from?

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi all. I have a Sony MZ-RH1. Can't transfer files to my MacBook running OS X 10.6.7 Snow Leopard. Is there a driver I can download? Or, better still, a third party software package that lets me transfer my MD files? Sony Hi-MD Music Transfer version 2.0 does not work. I get the message: Device/Media nor connected, even though the MZ-RH1 is connected via USB and the battery gets charged and the MZ-RH1 goes into transfer mode.

What other options do I have? Play the tracks on the MZ-RH1 and connect a mini plug to the MZ-RH1 headphone jack/line out and to Mac sound-in and and record? Best software for doing this?

I'm really ignorant and any help would be much appreciated.

Carlo

• 1 month later...

problems with Lion: I do not know why but my Mac Book with Snow Leopard was able tu run Hi-MD Music Transfer 2 (although it is a PowerPC program!). Lion does no more works as it wants only Intel-coded applications.

Possible solution is to create a small virtual machine (by means of VMware or Parallels or similar programs) running an older MacOS X (possibly 10.4)

c. :mega_shok:

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...