"The earproblem"

Rate this topic

DerTapir

Hello....

I am the guy with the earproblem. I am searching for a headphone (mobile), that sounds good, for my needs !!!

The Playerunit -> Sony MZ-NH 1 (European Version)

I tried a Koss Porta Pro -> The Bass is... mmmmh... to dominant up into the mids, sounds strange

I tried a PX 200 -> The Highs are somehow to present

I also was able to listen to a shure SE530.

Maybe i was wearing the shures in the wrong position, but they sound somehow strange. i can't explain correct, but somthing is missing in the sound. maybe the mids ??? i am not shure ......

My one and only headphone is the beyerdynamic DT 880pro . (The "metalhead" version)The best affordable piece of music genearator, available !!

These earphones as reference, i wasn't able to find anything comparable as a mobile version.

The beyerdynamic is a 250 Ohm headphone, which "sucks the life out of my Sony". It depends on the music but the sony is nearly always at his limits (at 28-30), equilizer set to flat to get the most out of the amplifier (you don't need to equilize at all, the sound is perfect :D).

if i want to listen to classic (eg. Gustav Holst->The planets) ,i can hear it only at home, but not outside, because it's to noisy eg. in the train. the DT 880 is an half open system, so you hear more noise unlike wearing earbuds.

I have seen a 32 Ohm Version of th DT 880 in the net, but not at beyerdynamics hompage itself. so i am not shure about its soundbehavoir and power needs at all.

I am near to buy a mobile amplifier from meier audio, the CORDA HEADSIX in order to make the DT 880 it a bit "noisier".....

But the best sulution would by small mobile Headphone, wich sounds a little bit like my DT 880.

I need your tips !!

For inner-ear phones like the Shures, there is a huge difference in how they sound with the different earplugs, which is why they include 7 different types. When I got mine, I tried them all. Five sounded awful. One sounded very good. And one sounded excellent--so good the Shure E4 are by far my favorite portable headphones ever, and the 530 are supposed to be big step up from those.

If you didn't try the Shure with all the plugs, you really don't know yet what they can sound like. Everyone's ears are shaped differently.

• 4 weeks later...

The thing about inner ear phones that seal , is getting the right fit (Plugs) and also doing the airplane thing ( Balancing the pressure in the ear ,

If you know what I am talking about , When your ears pressure builds up or is unequal Like in an Airplane , and you need to stretch the neck muscles to get your ears to "Pop" or release the pressure .

That is how you get the absolute best out of the pressure fit type of phones (ie Shure) put them in . with the plugs that fit well and bring out the Bass, then sort of Yawn or strecth the ear tubes to release the pressure from putting them in place , The Mids , and Highs will pop right out and become much clearer as well as keeping the Bass intact .

• 4 weeks later...

The thing about inner ear phones that seal , is getting the right fit (Plugs) and also doing the airplane thing ( Balancing the pressure in the ear ,

If you know what I am talking about , When your ears pressure builds up or is unequal Like in an Airplane , and you need to stretch the neck muscles to get your ears to "Pop" or release the pressure .

That is how you get the absolute best out of the pressure fit type of phones (ie Shure) put them in . with the plugs that fit well and bring out the Bass, then sort of Yawn or strecth the ear tubes to release the pressure from putting them in place , The Mids , and Highs will pop right out and become much clearer as well as keeping the Bass intact .