MRH1 New User Set Up

Rate this topic

joplin

Hi

I'm ready to check out my MZ-RH1 and would appreciate some pointers on these items;

1/What is the software I need in regards to Sonic Stage(Latest Version) where can I find this?

2/ Step my step instructions on how I can get my old format MD's transferred to my PC from my MD and than how I get these same songs and transfer them back to the newer generation of blank MD's.

3/Last but not least recording from my stereo to my MZ-RH1.

I'm not really a tech person so would appreciate user friendly advice.

Feel free to add any other pointers.

Thanks

Greg Joplin

Install SonicStage 4.3 if you have Vista and 4.2 if you have XP from a link here. 4.2 will not work with Vista. 4.3 has been giving some XP people problems.

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showt...mp;hl=installer

The 3.4 disc that came with the unit will also work fine under XP--not Vista--with the MZ-RH1.

-------------------

To Transfer:

Open SonicStage. Connect the unit. Insert the disc. Watch the window fill up. You can rename tracks before transferring if you want to.

Look at the red arrows. You can probably figure out the rest.

Transferring back, just find the tracks in My Library, look at the red arrows and send them in the other direction.

------------------

From your stereo you need a connector to the (white) line-in jack of your unit, which will take a plug that looks like your headphone plug. What kind of output do you have on your stereo? Headphone plug? Line-out? Optical? Just find the cord. The Record button is labeled.

-------------------

Oh, and there might even be a manual in the package....

Edited by A440