Portable USB power for the RH1

Rate this topic

Ok today I bought a Lithium Polymer batt pack , ( I had a bunch of unused points on my Yodobashi Card)

the " Powerbank Slim " model FPS440

Specs : Internal 3.7 volts 4,400 ma ... 4.4 amp hours folks.

USB out 5 volts 1 amp ( I can confirm it , a lot of batt packs state that but are not anywhere near 5 volts , iPod packs are really bad about that)

On/Off switch

Input DC jack 5 volts

A wall wart , that is World Voltage 100- 240 Volts 50/60hz

here is a link ,

http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/komamono/fps440u.html

I have connected it to the RH1 , with a standard USB cable , and the RH1 lit right up , absolutely no problem .

FPS440U-03.jpg

Edited by Guitarfxr

Update: I have an older Kenwood DMC-F5R , MD recorder , DC 5 Volts input , and it doesnt like less, I can run it off of the Sony 4.5 volt , but it wont charge as well . The kenwood 5 volt supply charges it nicely , and I know how it acts when its is charging , if it sees to low a voltage it just wont charge. Believe me I have tried all kinds of stuff. I can run it from a USB to DC connector , but I have to be sure it is 5 volts .

So anyway direct to the point , The Battery pack is now down to the last LED marker indicating almost empty , and the Charge indicator on the Kenwood is still going , what that tells me is that it is a REGULATED STABLE 5 volts out even when the internal voltage drops , . I mean I have the Litho almost drained , and it is stable at 5 volts . and will stay there untill it is empty . That is very very likable.