Sony MZ-NH600 Hi-MD Walkman in silver available UK

Rate this topic

grf

Hi,

Just a quick heads up that www.discountdics.co.uk have the MZ-NH600 workhorse available again even though the website says out of stock.

Has anyone found a source for the nice flip open jewel cases for MD blanks? I hate the envelope type and change the case on all my new blanks, but I cannot find a good source for the clear or coloured jewel cases.

Can anyone help ?

Best regards

GRF

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Just a quick heads up that www.discountdics.co.uk have the MZ-NH600 workhorse available again even though the website says out of stock.

Has anyone found a source for the nice flip open jewel cases for MD blanks? I hate the envelope type and change the case on all my new blanks, but I cannot find a good source for the clear or coloured jewel cases.

Can anyone help ?

Best regards

GRF

Not a bad little unit that. Great value, sounds good (not quite as good as a more expensive one like an RH1 of course, but still very good), and best of all (for me) runs off a single AA battery, so runs for ages between charges. the machine itself is not chargable - you'll need a separate battery charger, which always suited me - I could listen to it whilst charging other batteries in my charger.

One prob with this: the jog wheel is weak as a kitten. It may stop working after a year or so, or depending on usage. This may not be unique to this model though. Still recommended.

Bough a sealed NH600 this December. Warm sound, nice analog amp and great battery life. Strongly recommended to anyone wanting a cheap portable. To avoid jog wheel wear simply connect a remote. The blind RM-MC60 will do.

Yep I'm happy with mine. Find I don't use the job dial a great deal for general listening. Mostly it's track advance or volume. I also find my NZ505 remote works well for the basics.

I agree on the sound. It also pairs well with atrac, I'm very impressed with HiSP recordings of analog sources.

Hi,

Thanks for all the great replies. I invested in an heir and a spare for my minidiscs from discount discs and their response was excellent, mailling me when the units were in, before they updated the website.

I think we are clearly on the last knockings of the minidisc as we know it, which is why being able to buy new units boxed and sealed is so great. May the RH1 live long and prosper but it is not the ideal bench/pocket model workhorse.

A little worrying about the jog dial on the NH600 - has anyone else any experience of having one fail ?

Happy rotational-removable-high-quality-media-and-audio-listening everyone,

Grf

Bough a sealed NH600 this December. Warm sound, nice analog amp and great battery life. Strongly recommended to anyone wanting a cheap portable. To avoid jog wheel wear simply connect a remote. The blind RM-MC60 will do.

That's not the point though - that's like saying "to avoid wear and tear on your minidisc player, use a different one!" ;)

Edited by KanakoAndTheNumbSkulls

Not quite so, since you are still using the player itself after connecting a remote. And the NH600 is not supplied with a remote just to make it cheaper.

Er... yes, quite so. I was using it as an analogy. You said in response to the point about the jog wheel having a poor life to use the remote instead. I was basically saying no point in having a jog wheel at all if you're just going to use the remote (ie. like no point in having one MD player just to use another one to save wear and tear on the first without actually using it).

Just an analogy. :scratchhead:

Except a remote is cheaper than another MD. Also depending on remote, you get easier navigation, and a backlight. Personally I don't like the MD remotes and prefer using the scroll wheel on mine.

x2

I don't particularly like remotes but it seems MD units were designed with them in mind, some of them of course require them to get full functionality. Saving wear and tear on the recorder's controls is a nice added bonus.

Hi,

www.discountdiscs.co.uk has the Sony MZ-NH600 Hi-MD Walkman in silver at 74.95 GBpounds with free delivery to the UK.

I am sure that they would deliver abroad but you would have to ring them on +44 (0)1538 399911 to check.

Dicount Discs have given me excellent service now and in the past, and I have not seen a better price for this unit.

Still looking for the jewel cases though, if anyone does ring, remind them that there is still a need for such items.

Best regards

Grf