Help transferring tracks from MZ-N510

Rate this topic

djfidjit

hi all. right really need some help.i have just brought a sony net md walkman mz-510 type s.

i did not get any sortware with it. i have a usb lead that works with it. i have downloaded sonic stage but it does not work when i try to transfer my music of my minidisc to computer.

it says cannot transfer file as it is a net md file or has been recorded on a diffrent computer

please please someone tell what software i need to get the files off my minidisc

thank you all answers are welcome

what the bas*&(... im shocked at that.but thanks dude your a star

when netmd came out I thought the same, here we an MD that allows connection to the computer, something that can be of real use to me, and of course as a computer tech, that could only mean BOTH WAYS to me :lol: I mean who ever heard of a bus technology that only works one way? I mean even parrallel ports are bi-directional! But fortunately I had researched it before buying so wasn't shocked when I actually had the unit in my hands, which would have been quite simply... traumatic :lol:

Still, the improved transfer speed of music to the unit made it a worthwhile purchase. However now that Hi-MD is out, and drives that work as usb storage drives, and two way transfer of audio ability - well that's the way it should have been when they released NetMD. The latests drives include native mp3 playback.

But anyway that was then. Now if you are interested in the media format and form factor, see about getting a hi-md unit, and a MZRH1 if you can afford it. That model allows transfer to computer of legacy (ie: NetMD and MD recordings) recordings as well as Hi-MD recordings.

Edited by max_wedge

This question ("how can I upload my Net-MD recordings?") gets asked EVERY week on Minidisc.org forums. The operators of this forum really need to put a message in huge letters on the sign-up page that reads "IF YOU ARE JOINING TO ASK HOW TO UPLOAD NET-MD RECORDINGS READ THE FAQ FIRST".

The number of people who have joined the forum just to ask this question, then never return, must be in the hundreds.

Edited by Ral-Clan

This question ("how can I upload my Net-MD recordings?") gets asked EVERY week on Minidisc.org forums. The operators of this forum really need to put a message in huge letters on the sign-up page that reads "IF YOU ARE JOINING TO ASK HOW TO UPLOAD NET-MD RECORDINGS READ THE FAQ FIRST".

The number of people who have joined the forum just to ask this question, then never return, must be in the hundreds.

:lol: