Best portable Flash/HD recorder available for under £300?

Rate this topic

hsl13

Hi,

I am looking to buy a flash/HD based portable audio recorder with built in mics. I still want to use my Hi-MD units for Line recordings but I want to use the new recorder for live performances where I do not have access to the amp/mixer. I have a budget of £300 ($600) and was considering the Sony PCM-D50.

Does anyone on the forum have any recomendations or advise?

Thanks in advance

Edited by hsl13

Have you considered using an external mic with a battery box into the line in of your Hi-MD recorders?, as it's obvious that if they had mic ins you would have thought of using an external mic...

You can get a great set up of a quality external mic (if you don't already own one) and battery box for far less than 600USD!

However, if you want a new recorder all the same and money's no issue, try a PCM-D50, sure. A great recorder it is supposed to be, + no moving parts nor proprietary software needed.

Yeah, I have been using external mic's with my MD units for a while, but I just dont want the hastle of the cables and batterys for the mics etc, just want something that is totally portable, one item! not having to carry battery box, mic, batteries for the mic, MD unit, batteries for the MD unit, spare discs, cables etc!