New HDD player from Sony?

Rate this question

kaledi

Question

I read somewhere that Sony electronics did not bother to go to CeBit this year? I was expecting that Sony might come out with an announcement for a new HDD player during CeBit (clearly not if they weren't there).

Anyhow, I'm toying with the idea of getting an A3000, but not if there is a new device on the horizon, so has anyone heard anything about a replacement for the A3000 or an enhanced model to sit alongside the current range?

13 answers to this question

There's ALWAYS a new player on the horizon: Sony's had 5 20GB HDD players in 1 and a half years! I wouldn't rate the A3000 much from what I've heard/seen so unless you're desparate (or can find an HD5) I'd wait.

Stay tuned and keep watch on our blog for information early this Spring.

It being early Spring (in the Northern hemisphere at least) right now can you be any more specific about when we might hear something about a new player? Can you give any hints as to what to expect? Another iteration of a 20GB player like we have seen before or something a little different (larger capacity, video support etc)? I realise of course that if you could you probably already would have.

Curious as my Karma has died and I'm really not sure about the A3000. Sony seems to be getting better in many respects with each model though the A sries did seem like somewhat of a step down from theHD5 in some ways.

hh

Guest Stuge

My local Sony Centre have heard rumours that a 30GB 'limited edition' version of the NW-A1000/A3000 is in the pipeline - they say it could be as soon as the end of March when there is more news.

who wants that 30gb model of A3000..now it`s time to release new models .. :D:D

True enough Stuge - while a 30GB version of the A3000 is better than what is currently available, something with a higher capacity would be better still.

Harold, I am in UK. As I remember, the 30GB HD5H was available via the Sony UK site if that is any help to you.

Guest Stuge

i do hope their Harddisk base DAP c/w a FM

I also want Fm in Hard Disk player but i don`t think they will add this feature at all .Like in MZ-DH10P they added 1.3MP camera but somehow they forget to add the line in & Mic in ....

It will be dream come true if they add FM in Hard Disk player + Recording features also

I really want something like IPOD video, 30 and 60gb models, but with atrac instead of MP3

I never see the NW-Ax000 models in any store here in Chile, but I realy like the NW-HD3 or NW-HD5 instead of the pictures of the NW-Ax000.

For me I wish the new model (if there is any one in the next future):

1) 30 or 60 Gb (if bigger better)

2) Plays Atrac and work with Sonic Stage or a program that works, not like Connect for what I read.

3) Video could be a good thing, that you can connect to a TV, because all new HD has it and I have many music videos I like

4) A Price that can compete with the others HD or Ipod, I can´t undesrtand that here the NW-HD5 cost more than Ipod 30gb.

To much dreaming???

Just seen this at a UK site that often has product code names for products up on their website before official announcement. Anyhow, of interest is this wireless device and high end docking/speaker system that is on the way in a few months. Also it mentions an NW-A3200 series walkman? I assume it will be a bigger drive version that 20GB, but anyone else seen anything?

The fact that Sony are not releasing the products for several months yet would also suggest that they don't plan on replacing the current NWA series for some time yet?

http://www.cheapelectricals.co.uk/acatalog...xz_ixz_ixz.html