UNSOLVED MYSTERIOUS SONICSTAGE PROBLEM

Rate this topic

alexisvas

Hi to all

I have a problem which is impossible for my to solve.

I went to a gig and recorded it with my MZ-RH10. I recorded it in Hi-SP in a 1GB MD.

Somewhere in the middle of the concert there was inserted a T-Mark. I didnt want it so I connected the 2 tracks deleting the Mark and so I had an 83 minutes audio file. Then I did some editing in my minidisc deleting some audience noise until the encore and I ended up with 2 music files 1) 77:30 minutes 2) 1:25 minutes.

I used Sonicstage 3.0 to upload it to my PC. Uploading was easy. I heard the files played on Sonicstage and were perfect. Until now all perfect!!

The problems begin from here...

I conveted the files in WAV and the process stopped in the 35th minute exactly in the 1st track. The short 2nd track was perfect. I tried the option "create an audio cd" directly from .oma files and it recorded only 35:00 of the 1st track and the whole 2nd. I converted oma to optimized music files and all the problems insisted. Incomplete transform to WAV and incomplete burn to audio cd. I downloaded the latest version of Sonicstage (4.3 I think) and the problems insisted!

What is impossible for my to understand is why I can hear the whole archive in SS and in my MD player and when I try to burn to audio CD or convert to WAV it is done for 35:00 minutes!!!!

And let me add that I have already tranfered the archive once to a PC so with the stupid SONY policy I cant do this again! I dont know for you, but for me is a riddle I cant solve.

So I beg for some help...

Alexis

I want to add that this is the first time it happened

Be safe. Play it back with SonicStage and record it in realtime from the soundcard. You can do that with Audacity (free, make the input Stereo Mix) or with Total Recorder (about $20).

Audacity records to its own format, .aup, so to save it as a .wav file you have to click Export as .wav under File.

Audacity: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Total Recorder: http://www.highcriteria.com/

Upgrade your Sonic Stage to 3.4 or 4.2--look in Downloads or get the 4.2 installer from Sony http://sonicstage.connect.com/SS-US.zip or the 3.4 installer here. http://www.savefile.com/files/194995

Then you can re-upload tracks in the future--no more one-upload limit. But you can't re-upload the ones you already transferred in SonicStage 3.0.

It may just be that you need more hard drive space--77 minutes will be 770 MB, and SonicStage probably needs more room than that during the conversion. Or you may be hitting a limit on the memory in your computer--are you running other programs at the same time, like email, browser, graphics, etc.

But I would just do the realtime method so you are sure you have the copy. Then you can try freeing up resources and converting with SonicStage again.

Edited by A440

Thank you all for the replies.

A440 has helped me once again but now when I read his reply I thought that my poor soundcard wouldnt help me with his solution. I would defenately lose in sound quality. I uninstalled sonicstage 3.0 I had from the start and caused me all the problems. 4.3 didnt help also. And then SYRIUS said the 5 magic words: "Hi-MD Renderer may help too". I installed SS 3.4 A440 gave me and Hi-MD Renderer 0.52 and with a little pray my file was completely converted to .wav.

SYRIUS showed me the path and MARC created it. Thank you both.

By the way I didnt know this program and it is a killer.

And I am inviting you all to yell once again : SONICSTAGE SUCKS !!!