Sennheiser Customer Service

Rate this topic

Richard_p

I spent too many hours riding trains last monday, as i was attending a university open day in liverpool. Heart stoppingly upon changing trains in Manchester my beloved PMX-200's developed a fault in the cable in which the left channel would be cut off. :sad:

Luckily i had packed my trustsy ED-21's so i still had use of my Walkman and PSP for the rest of the train journeys, but the Senn's were gonners.

I was unsure as to wether or not i wouldbe eligible for a repair under warranty though as i had neither the warranty card or receipt, nevertheless i emailed Sennheiser's customer service and explained the situation. A reply was almost instant, although i was dissapointed to read that it said the service rep would be out of the office for the next two days, due to illness, a phone number was given however in case of urgency. I chose to wait.

An actual reply was recieved by the quoted date, a few e-mails later i was informed that a repair would be available despite the lack of a receipt, i was given an RMA number and an address to send the 'phones to. Now there all packed up and awaiting the Post Office to open (damned weekend).

Overall i'm pretty happy so far, and looking forward to being able to use my PMX200's again.

Edited by Richard_p

I'm always glad to hear when companies' customer service is up to scratch, it's quite rare. Especially as I own quite a few pairs of Sennheisers myself.

The PMX-200s are the new behind-the-head versions of the PX-200s, yes? As far as I know these are pretty new, only released a few months ago so they'd have to be within the 2 year guarantee period that comes with all Sennheiser 'phones.

After recieving a couple of invoices (for £0.00) last week, i have just had a replacement arrive today. These are brand new.

The I sent my old pair last monday, so it toook a week for the whole thing to be sorted after recieving an rma number from emails.

YAY! I have PMX200's again!