MZ-RH910 - cutting out when recording from radio

Rate this topic

mercurius

I recently set up my MZ - RH910 to record a long opera on the radio (c.5hrs - it was Wagner after all). I set it on the HI - LP recording mode (handbook says it should give 10+ hrs on an 80 min disc) and I kept checking through the headphones that it was recording OK. After a while I forgot to check since it seemed to be going fine. Then after c.3 hrs I went to check it again and saw that the unit had switched off.

It was plugged into the mains and the battery was also full charged.

Can anyone suggest what I might have done wrong? Is there something that makes it cut out after it has been recording for a certain amount of time. No one else had beeen near the machine to disturb the cables or anything.

Thanks.

Have you checked the disc to see if there was anything recorded on it, maybe the mode got switched? Possibility that maybe someone turned it off? Try again with another disc, I've found for the really long stuff it's safer to use a 1 gig,

Good luck

Ride the Valkyrie for me

Bob

Have you tried recording without the battery attached, as it's plugged unto the mains you don't need it anyway. Maybe the battery charging circuits somehow kick in and interefere with the recording process. Or vice-versa - batteries and no mains - you'd likely get a 'cleaner' recording like that anyway, with no mains hum.