Sonicstage 4.3 problem - will not transfer to netmd

Rate this topic

Stray Dog

Everything was going fine till a week back. Now whenever I try to transfer to my Net MD I get this error message:

ERROR REPORT

These tracks cannot be transferred.

Unable to transfer the track or tracks.

-"Track name"

What's this all about?

Its not the minidisc player as I've tried it with several. And its not the USB cable, as I tried different ones of them too.

Strangely this started to happen when I installed Win NMD. I've since uninstalled that but I still get the same error.

So what's up?

Unless yr using Vista, you'd be best to stick with SonicStage 4.2... I tried 4.3 on XP and ditched it due to transferring issues (some similar to this).

4.2 can be found here: http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=17769 -be sure to uninstall 4.3 before installing 4.2

I just tried that, but alas its still the same.

Do you think it could be anything to do with me having installed Win NMD, which could have somehow altered how sonicstage connects to the net md? Sorry Im not very good with technical terms...

Oh yeah, and do you have any links to an even earlier version of sonicstage than 4.2? I wanna give them a try. I used to use a really early version which worked just fine.

You don't need WinNMD any more. (But save the key before you uninstall--I don't think Klukas is bothering with his program any more.)

Get Marcnet's Hi-MD Renderer, which has exactly the same functions as MD Recorder. Free, send him a donation if you like it.

http://www.marcnetsystem.co.uk/ Look in the Programs folder.

Maybe uninstalling WinNMD will help. For SonicStage, search this forum for 3.4 installer--there may still be one around. If you can't find it, post here and I'll do an overnight upload of my 3.4 disc again to Rapidshare.

Edited by A440