WHO WOULD BUY PRE RECORDED MDS and HI MDS

Rate this topic

bobzilli

I wouldn't. Who needs another expensive, proprietary format that won't play everywhere you want it? CD's still offer the ultimate in convenience. Everything plays them, and for portable use, they can be encoded into MP3/AAC/whatever to avoid dragging discs around with you.

I like them , as well as Bobt , I have a seperate box for those , and still looking For Pink Floyd The Wall, and a bunch of others I missed out on .

The Wall was a Two disc set just like the Album was . The are Mastered on better equipment than what most people have , so they sound pretty darn good if you ask me .

My Billy Joel , get a fair amount of play time , as well as Boston, I have Kansas Point of no return , need Leftoverture , Rush, Yes, Vivaldi ......... I like the concertos

:focus:

MD and Hi-MD's strength is in making personal compilations, so I probably wouldn't bother. I only ever had one pre-recorded MD, a Mozart one from Naxos, and that was a bit dull really. Buy the CD and you can do what you like with it, make lossless or compressed versions or whatever, but you get to choose what goes on your compilation, and still have the CD quality original as backup.

MD and Hi-MD's strength is in making personal compilations, so I probably wouldn't bother. I only ever had one pre-recorded MD, a Mozart one from Naxos, and that was a bit dull really. Buy the CD and you can do what you like with it, make lossless or compressed versions or whatever, but you get to choose what goes on your compilation, and still have the CD quality original as backup.

Well said - that's exactly the reason why I never understand how MD never took off in places like the US. It's the perfect medium for making compilations and mixes.