OLED Display on RH1

Rate this topic

remy117

Im interested in finding out the battery impact of the OLED display when set to ON.

I know it has a auto-off feature but does that save alot of playback time on the unit?

Also, does anyone know that the lifespan of an OLED display compared to normal displays is greatly reduced? I remember hearing somewhere that these displays are prone to burning out easily...

Hi,

Extract from Wikipedia....:

The biggest technical problem for OLEDs is the limited lifetime of the organic materials. In particular, blue OLEDs historically have had a lifetime of around 14,000 hours (5 years at 8 hours a day) when used for flat-panel displays, which is lower than typical lifetime of LCD, LED or PDP technology – each currently rated for about 60,000 hours, depending on manufacturer and model. But in 2007, experimental PLEDs were created which can sustain 400cd/m2 of luminance for over 198,000 hours for green OLEDs and 62,000 hours for blue OLEDs.[31]

The intrusion of water into displays can damage or destroy the organic materials. Therefore, improved sealing processes are important for practical manufacturing and may limit the longevity of more flexible displays.

In my case, I use the auto-off feature allways...

i guess this deserves another extract..

An organic light-emitting diode (OLED), also Light Emitting Polymer (LEP) and Organic Electro-Luminescence (OEL), is any light-emitting diode (LED) whose emissive electroluminescent layer is composed of a film of organic compounds. The layer usually contains a polymer substance that allows suitable organic compounds to be deposited. They are deposited in rows and columns onto a flat carrier by a simple "printing" process. The resulting matrix of pixels can emit light of different colors.

so they're the same.

hrmm..

In my case with auto-off enabled the battery drains in 7-8 hours of continuos playback (my mz-rh1 have about 2 years...and the battery is the first that it was supllied with the unit)....so, this battery have a long life. I use the unit every day of the week.