Hi-MD disks - Australia

Rate this topic

qazplm89

Indeed they used to be cheaper, but I recall speculation that blanks were originally sold at a subsidised price to encourage sales of the recorders. Now I notice that SD cards are around the same price for a one gig capacity, so the "cheap media" advantage of Hi-MD seems to have gone.

If anyone wants to sell some Hi-MD I will be interested. I prefer Australia but anywhere is fine

I would recommend you check out any of the Sony Central stores. I bought about 40 HiMD's from the Sony Central in George St. Sydney and they were $5.95 each back in December last year.

Also, with the death of my MZ-RH1's recording abilities (playback is still fine), I'm considering selling off the stockpile I built up over time since I'm looking at getting me a PCM-D50 now, just because I don't want to waste my money on another RH1 which will only end up dying in the recording department as well.

I would recommend you check out any of the Sony Central stores. I bought about 40 HiMD's from the Sony Central in George St. Sydney and they were $5.95 each back in December last year.

Also, with the death of my MZ-RH1's recording abilities (playback is still fine), I'm considering selling off the stockpile I built up over time since I'm looking at getting me a PCM-D50 now, just because I don't want to waste my money on another RH1 which will only end up dying in the recording department as well.

Unfortunately I cant anything in Victoria.

Are you looking to sell your collection?. I only want to buy a few though

I would have to commit to buy before I can find out the postage cost to Australia

I would have to commit to buy before I can find out the postage cost to Australia

Send the guy an email - he's very reasonable. Usually not in the office if you try to call, but I'm sure he will respond.

I wouldn't mind getting a few more myself, especially at AUD 3.70 equivalent (per-disc 10-pack price) or less. I remember buying ones at AUD 5 from minidisc.com.au ages ago. We could split the postage cost if it's reasonable. (I'm in Melbourne.)

I wouldn't mind getting a few more myself, especially at AUD 3.70 equivalent (per-disc 10-pack price) or less. I remember buying ones at AUD 5 from minidisc.com.au ages ago. We could split the postage cost if it's reasonable. (I'm in Melbourne.)

In fact a very little digging unearths their shipping costs page: http://www.minidisc-canada.com/shippingprices.asp. 10 discs in slip cases weigh 285 g, so double that for packaging (?) and they would charge CAD 52 (that's up to 1kg). Even their lowest rate is still CAD 49 (up to 500g). Add that to the cost of the discs themselves (CAD 35) and you're looking at around AUD 9 or 10 per disc, which is close to what minidisc.com.au are charging (AUD 12). Shame.