iTunes VS MD

Rate this topic

Strungup

I so very rarely use iTunes , ...... and actually do not like iTues poppig up at times when i klik a link , or that all MP3 files and what ever music file get associated with iTunes ,

That at the Moment , I am ,...... file by resource file , removing iTunes from my Mac

Did you know that in the Resource folder for iTunes alone , there were over 7,500 resource files ( Cotrol klik the iTunes icon in Apps , then select show package contents, and explore)

you first have to get rid of plist , and info files , version , etc , then start on the resource files , then lastly the app itself from the MacOS folder inside Package Contents , otherwise it doesnt wish to leave . after all that is done , then the app itself from APPlications can go .

What do I listen to Music on ..........Md , What do I listen to Radio on ,......... A Radio , Internet Radio .......I have four different Radio progs 35,000 stations , and Multiple formats

What do I use for Burning a CD,DVD, Divx , ....... ( so appropriately named ) " Burn" for mac ,........ for Ripping I can use Max or Burn

So what do I need iTunes for ??????? Taking up a huge amount of drive space :aggressive:

I discovered awhile back how much room ITunes uses, but have a bunch of stuff still on there as well as my kids libraries. I guess I don't have your gumption, balls, whatever. I still use my i-Touch for laying around on the couch etc but what I don't do any longer is listen through the ITunes program while I'm on the Mac. I listen to MD's on my trusty MZ-1 and also use it record stuff off the computer and I use my RZ-1 for back up data storage.

My next big project is recording Lp's to MD. This will take eons, maybe my practical lifetime, but hey...

I discovered awhile back how much room ITunes uses, but have a bunch of stuff still on there as well as my kids libraries. I guess I don't have your gumption, balls, whatever. I still use my i-Touch for laying around on the couch etc but what I don't do any longer is listen through the ITunes program while I'm on the Mac. I listen to MD's on my trusty MZ-1 and also use it record stuff off the computer and I use my RZ-1 for back up data storage.

My next big project is recording Lp's to MD. This will take eons, maybe my practical lifetime, but hey...

Well most of the Podcast will play in QT , all the MP3's will , plus any number of other programs , Dont have to get rid of the Library , I kept all of that , Just the Prog and Resources

So now I can just take the Podcasts , burn em to DVD and watch em on TV ( BIGGER)

I've never had the inclination to use itunes, but when my friend gave me an ipod I did some looking, and found mediamonkey, all I;ve used it for is to add and delete off the pod, but it does have podcasting and will play music as well.

Bob

Never thought to try to play podcasts through Qt. I did always wish there was a better program for Mac to store and play music, but haven't found one yet

Go to the itunes Folder where the Podcast are stored , Control klik , "Open With " Select QT , watch Vid ..........

I so very rarely use iTunes , ...... and actually do not like iTues poppig up at times when i klik a link , or that all MP3 files and what ever music file get associated with iTunes...

So what do I need iTunes for ??????? Taking up a huge amount of drive space :aggressive:

I'd be interested to know if this results in any faster performance. Disk space was once pretty dear, now not so much - but speed - that's always been at a premium and remains so. Thanks for the info in any case!

I'd be interested to know if this results in any faster performance. Disk space was once pretty dear, now not so much - but speed - that's always been at a premium and remains so. Thanks for the info in any case!

actually my startup is a little faster , now that you mention it . I noticed it this morning , > Blue line , now starting Mac OS , BAM there was the desktop.

So that was cool !!

• 2 weeks later...

2 weeks now with no iTunes ,........ AOL radio runs constantly , hmmmmmmm,...... go FStream too......... QT is set in prefs to Play all my Music and Video ,

Havent missed it one bit .

Got Divx , COG ( great programmable player , just drag the files to it reorder them how you want them to play , whatever format FLAC , OGG, MP3 , WAV, AIFF , doesnt matter , they will all cue , and play in the order you want them to )

Making Curry with , Masala Chicken , and listening to Vivaldi .

Nice thing about AOL Radio , is if it is your active window , "Shift+Command(cloverleaf) + C " will copy the Song and Artist info , then with a Word type document opened Command+V , Paste the info , so you can make a Running list of song info , say if your recording from the radio , then go back and enter on the MD

Just print the list when your done , then carry it with you , edit the disc on the train or wherever . All Labeled nice and neat.

• 3 weeks later...