DNE900 VS DNE10. Is There a Sonic Difference?

Rate this question

rockphantom

Question

I was curious as to if there is a sonic difference between the DNE900 and the DNE10.

I've got a DNE900 and just ordered a pair of Shure E4C earphones.

I want to make sure that I have the best possible PCDP to get the most out of the E4Cs.

I was hoping to buy either a DNE930 or DNE30 but it looks like Sony has dropped their flagship PCDP line.

Oh well, I'll probably buy a DAP within the next few years...

Thanks in Advance for any information,

Milan

Edited by rockphantom

8 answers to this question

Guest Stuge

I do have D-NE900 but i think i should not have bought it ..Just Eq no Bass ..It gives out just clear crystal sound ..

It seems that previously you were having D-NE920 which have clear bass & EQ (both) & sounds better than NE900 .IMO

I have used NE10 only once but i didn`t find any sound difference between both the gadgets .

I had a DNE920 for 3 months and then it broke, so Sony sent me a D-NE900 refurb as a replacement.

Personally, I think the D-NE900 sounds better than the 920.

I am not a bass head, I listen mostly to rock n roll, so the EQ is fine for me.

I wish that Sony would release the '30' line soon so that I could give them a listen.

Milan

I was curious as to if there is a sonic difference between the DNE900 and the DNE10.

I've got a DNE900 and just ordered a pair of Shure E4C earphones.

I want to make sure that I have the best possible PCDP to get the most out of the E4Cs.

I was hoping to buy either a DNE930 or DNE30 but it looks like Sony has dropped their flagship PCDP line.

Oh well, I'll probably buy a DAP within the next few years...

Thanks in Advance for any information,

Milan

There should not be any appreciable difference, though the extra display circuity involved with D-NE900 may (and very distant may at that) add extra noise. If someone has both a 900 and 10 and can verify, this confirmation would be highly appreciated.

However, from my personal experience, the amp is rather noisy and you will hear a noticeable hiss during silent passages. Whether or not this bothers you, well, you be the judge of that.

I have the D-NE10. I think it is a good player (not quite as good for CD sound as the classic D-555, in my view) and has long battery life. Better than the D-EJ1000 and somewhat better than the D-EJ2000, in my view.

Paul