Unable to transfer with SS 4.3

Rate this topic

amramegid

I have a hi-md mz-nh600. I used to run ss 2.0 on xp sp2 for a long time and it worked very well.

I recently installed the new xp sp3.

Ever since then, my ss 2.0 that came with the md stopped working (omg error), so i downloaded the latest ss 4.3.

But then there were 2 problems:

1. When i import a file with ss to play it, it plays at a very bad quality, even for 192 and 256 kbps files.

2. When i transer a file to my md to play it, the player cannot read the file, the time keeps moving but there is no sound, as if the song is blank. I tried standand transfter, as well as all the atrac modes in the specific bitrate. They all don't work, the player can't the read the transfered song.

3. I'm very confused with ss 4.3 , where is lp and 2lp and stuff like that.

I read some of the posts but none very helpfull.

I use my md to play files only like an mp3 player, im a very basic user.

Can someone plz tell me how to use 4.3 to transfer my musice to my mz-nh600 ?? I have wav, wma and mp3 files. do i need some kind of converter??

Thnx in advance :)

Sounds like something wrong with SP3. Thank heavens I didn't install it. Try uninstalling the service pack (should be a no-brainer). If that works, then you can try to figure out which piece got broken in the upgrade.

Contrary to bobt's implication (sorry if this isn't what you meant, bobt!) there's never been a problem on XP SP2, for me using SS 4.3.

I wonder if some codec is missing? You could always check the list of Codecs (Control panel, Sounds and Audio Devices, Hardware, Audio Codecs, Properties) though I don't of my own knowledge know which (if any) of these is *installed* by Sonic Stage.

I'm guessing in the new rush to update things to DRM, you need to undo the "DRM for Windows Media Player 9" update (I think but am not 100% certain that that was its name) that I carefully avoided a few weeks back. It may well be rolled into the SP3 distribution, so now you need to go back and reinstall one by one the other updates. I could imagine that Sony, having their own DRM, didn't update to something that meshed with the "standard" scheme. Either that, or some DLL or driver they did replace was zapped by Windows File Protection, and effectively not installed. Install log for SS4.3 may help with this.

Finally, I note that there is a 4.4 floating around (Sony's Japanese website IIRC). Perhaps it will run in English, does anyone know?

Good luck, I look forwards to the results of your researches, as they may affect me sooner rather than later.

• 2 weeks later...

hi there,

hopefully someone can help me. i've been using my md nh 700 (or whatever its called) for years. i record my band stuff, then transfer it onto my pc and then burn a copy on disc as audio files. now i bought a new laptop with this vista crap, which drives me nuts. anyway, i installed 4.3 and attached my md to the usb port. sonic stage never recognized the minidisc. it said something like "no disc" or "format not right". so i reinstalled 4.3 and now it says error 00005e27. is anyone out there who knows how to help me?