Cannot transfer music

Rate this topic

jagzz

Hi all

I just found this forum and I really hope that any of you can help me.

I have been using my minidisc and sonicstage 2.0 for years now. I just use it as a walkman and specially to record my dj sets. Then I transfer the recordings into my computer, then wav, mp3, etc etc.

I use the recovery cd for my pc a few weeks ago like I have done more times and never had any problems. Yesterday I installed sonicstage 2.0 from my original software cd so everything was fine.

I connected my walkman-minidisc as usual with the usb's and surprise ! I cannot transfer anything. Moreover, I cannot see any files that are in the actual minidisc in the walkman.

I get the following message: "cannout use this disc as an audio dic because it is initialized by other than Sonic Stage" "Click device/media button and initialize the disc to use it as an audio disc"

This is really disturbing as if I cannot get my recordings from the discs I cannot use the recordings as my promotions, etc etc.

I have checked several sites but I havent got any answers to this yet. It is very odd as I have installed Sonic stage quite a few times ini the last years and never ever had this problem. Why now? What should I do to sort it out?

I would really really appreciate your help if you know what the solution is.

Kind regards and thanks for reading my post.

Jorge

hi there and welcome,

a liitle more info as to unit etc would help. Biggest advice I can start with is upgrade your SS, go to minimum 3.4, if no to 4.0 or 4.2, or 4.3 if you are on Vista,

good luck,

Bob

Thanks for the prompt reply.

The model of the walkman is the Sony MZ NH700 and is still working properly. I listen to discs in my car, record sessions, etc but cannot transfer.

I am downloading now the 3.4 version and I will have a go afterwards. I didnt want to upgrade as I thought that it might not support it but it is well worth a try.

I will let you know and hopefully somebody will give me a solution.

Thanks very much

hi there and welcome,

a liitle more info as to unit etc would help. Biggest advice I can start with is upgrade your SS, go to minimum 3.4, if no to 4.0 or 4.2, or 4.3 if you are on Vista,

good luck,

Bob

It is working already!! It was as simple as to upgrade.. But I still wonder what happened. I mean.. I have been using the same version with the same walkman for years and I always installed the software in the same way and never did anything weird..

Dunno..

computers....

Thanks anyway for your help. I will browse this site from now on now that I found it.

Thank you