Start recording via remote? (MZ-RH1)

Rate this topic

fastson

Maybe I missed something in the manual, but is there a way to begin recording via the remote control? When I'm recording outside I have the MZ-RH1 unit packed away and I find it a needless hassle to unpack it every time I want to record, then pause the recording and re-pack the unit.

So without having to slide the record button on the unit itself and then pause the recording I would rather just press a button combination on the remote control. Looked through the manual but didn't find anything about it, just thought I'd ask here before I give up. :closedeyes:

You are exactly correct, you must press the record button. I think this feature is in common in every single portable MD recorder made by Sony.

The saved settings of the RH1 make it quite nice that you don't have to preset anything else. Also if you don't need PCM, there is so much space on each disk that it's rare you need to press the record button very often. You can even press it before you arrive at the venue ;)

A tip, set automatic track marking on (my preference is 10 minutes). This will enable you to easily discard the sections you didn't care about, and find your way through the ones that you want.

Welcome to MDCF!

What I've done in the past is keep the unit in REC-PAUSE, then unpause it from the remote to start recording... Not as handy as a record button on the remote would be though.

You can also adjust the rec levels via the remote, which does come in handy.,

Edited by raintheory