Need some HIMD help!

Rate this topic

dunebug81

So I taped a show last night using my RH1 in HISP mode. Everything was great when I started and stopped recording. When I go to play the show back on the unit it plays like its in fast forward...so the time clock goes by at about 10x fast as it should and I get no sound. I thought my FF button was stuck but i put in a different disc and it plays just fine. Ive uploaded the file and it uploads fine but when I go and play the uploaded file it doesnt play. it shows the correct time of 113 min and that it was recorded in HISP. Im thinking that the system file wasnt properly written. Maybe I bumped the recorder while it was writing it. Ive recorded another 15 seconds of nothing just to update the system file and even split the original file into 2 tracks to hopefully get it to play properly...so far nothing has worked :(

any suggestions? id be happy to mail someone my disc for testing and possible recovery.

Well when its uploaded to SS and I try to play the uploaded file (not the one on the disc) it plays the last file that I uploaded which was a set from the bonnaroo webcast. When trying to convert it SS gets to 1% and then quits. When I go to the file that i creates its only 44bytes.

I have not tried Marcs program, I didnt think of that. I'll give that a shot when I get home. Thanks for the suggestion.

Unfortunatly, the content of the disc is encrypted. The only thing that can decode it is Sonicstage

It sounds like the track information is somehow corrupted and is preventing conversion somehow. Is the OMA file on the computer the correct size (256/kbits a second is 32 kbytes a second. Multiply that by the length of the track and you should get what size the OMA *should* be).

Also, is the copy protection turned off for the track? If not then you can tell SonicStage to convert it to an ATRAC3 file of the same bitrate without copy protection, and see if that file can be converted to .wav.