Very cheap MD blanks in the UK!

Rate this topic

Jimma

Afternoon all.

I thought all the British MD users out there might like to know that Sainsburys has just cut the price of Sony 80 minute blanks to £1.49 for a pack of five!

This of course bodes badly for the continued support for Minidisc by Sainsburys, but at under 30p a disc, it's good news for those of us who want to stock up on cheap blanks for future use.

Jimma.

I would doubt any new branches would have any, but all the well established large stores I've been to seem to stock them. I shouldn't think they'll be re-stocking after this though.

The branch I was in yesterday (Camberley) had about fifteen or so packs left after I left.

Argh! None of the big stores around me (Southampton, Hampshire) have any left. I've tried phoning at least 3 big Sainsburys to no avail. One Sainsburys store near me that does just furniture and electrical goods told me they did have them but had sold out. Damn!

I'm up towards Slough in a weeks time and will try some of the stores around there.

• 2 months later...