World's largest vinyl collection

Rate this topic

ShriDurga

One word ........ WOW

I really appreciate this guy , I mean that , Rare breed of human

it is sad that he wont ever get what he asks for it or that we will not get to hear it , because there is probably some really awesome music hidden away , And this IS the cost of the Digital Revolution , as I said in an early post ,some many months ago "We are witnessing a Paradigm shift "

Technologies change , but what damage is done , and what gets left behind .

Hippocrates would not have allowed this. ..............

"First ,..... Do no harm"

Thanks so much for sharing this piece. Very touching, and very true about our times. I struggle defending minidisc more each day against the mp3 whores around me, while in reality I'm using a compressed and crunched format myself. I hope many people see this video... but like the dude says, no one cares anymore, which is quite true.

Arg, I'd have the storage space, but no 3M$...

BTW TC, talking about vinyl, any update on my turntable ;):P ?

PO closed at the moment , Holiday , I will get there tomorrow for break time , I built two walls in my shop this week , and got shelves made for one part of the room , so I can finally get all my crap off of the floor , and My toolboxes where they should go .

I have been busting my butt trying to get my shop up and running so I can make some money , I have several repairs waiting , but my shop is such a mess I cant work .

So this week is a "Get my act together week" gimme some time bro .

( I gotta get my 3 mill up ya know)

TC

Edited by Guitarfxr

Actually what's really sad is that this SAME STORY with another person and their CD collection will happen just 5 years from now. The CD is near extinction already as more and more digital exlusive downloads are on the rise, more stores dropping the format or closing down, and now Walmart sells these plastic gift cards the size of CDs where CDs normally go... they are iTunes downloads of the albums.

Actually what's really sad is that this SAME STORY with another person and their CD collection will happen just 5 years from now. The CD is near extinction already as more and more digital exlusive downloads are on the rise, more stores dropping the format or closing down, and now Walmart sells these plastic gift cards the size of CDs where CDs normally go... they are iTunes downloads of the albums.

I am already seeing that here , iTunes cards are everywhere and the CD section of stores is getting SMALLER, Smaller, smalller

oh, how i wish i could win the lottery... if i came into $20 million, after taxes, i'd gladly give him 5 for that collection. and although it might sound blasphemous, i would have the entire catalogue digitalized solely to preserve them all. like he said, such a small portion of music was put on cd, let alone made available digitally... god, what an amazing life's work to show. ONE MILLION RECORDS. absolutely incredible...

oh, how i wish i could win the lottery... if i came into $20 million, after taxes, i'd gladly give him 5 for that collection. and although it might sound blasphemous, i would have the entire catalogue digitalized solely to preserve them all. like he said, such a small portion of music was put on cd, let alone made available digitally... god, what an amazing life's work to show. ONE MILLION RECORDS. absolutely incredible...

amen to that! I would like to buy that collection but I would digitized it. I have a very large collection and my Great Uncle has a larger collection..... correction very small in comparison but, a collection like this should not go unnoticed. Thanks for posting this, it was touching and very cool.