Wanted: Factory earphones from non-HiMD unit.

Rate this topic

Sony_Fan

I guess he wants to sell a unit with all accessories :rolleyes: ...

Better deal is to sell with decent earphones or none at all; I couldn't care less if a MD unit came without the default buds! Sony MDR-EX90SL IEM earphones grade at least, no less; or rather nothing: one is then free to choose his own ear/headphones...

I'm tempted to get some Audio-Technica ATH-CK7 titanium IEM earphones myself, to see how they perform compared to my EX90's :unsure: .

audiotechnica_athck7.jpg

No, I'm not selling anything. After testing out the factory earphones from my new NetMD player and comparing them to the stock earphones from my RH1, I'm convinced that the earphones from NetMD players are better. They just are, that's what I noticed when listening to the same song with the same EQ settings using both earphones. Apparently, to save on cost, Sony gave us crap earphones with Hi-MD units. NetMD earphones are better.

What's a DAT? And are the earphones by Sony?

Yes they are Sony , the DAT stands for Digital Audio Tape ,

The Model is TCD-D100 , and was 1000 dollars new , Records in 16 bit 48 khz sample rate Optical in and out with special cable ,

look at the "What have you just Bought " thread , last page scroll up a few you will see it .

What's a DAT? And are the earphones by Sony?

The Model is TCD-D100 , and was 1000 dollars new , Records in 16 bit 48 khz sample rate Optical in and out with special cable ,

look at the "What have you just Bought " thread , last page scroll up a few you will see it .

better yet here

TCD-D100-2.jpg

better yet here

TCD-D100-2.jpg

Oh yeah! I remember those, but didn't they quickly fade out? Not to criticize your DAT or reason for buying one, but isn't the whole concept of digital tape kind of counter productive. Everytime you play a cassette, the tape stretches which results in loss of sound quality in playback or recording. I think the same applies to DATs. Minidisc is still the ideal compact digital recorder.

About the earphones, what model number are they?