From Xbox 360 --> RH1 via Optical In

Rate this topic

Sony_Fan

To my surprise my Xbox 360 has an optical out. I hooked up to my RH1 and did some real time recording in SP (292) and the music sounded great! It was also a little more "bassy." For any of you who have an Xbox 360 and like to do SP recordings, I highly recommend this. You would probably get better sound quality from the Xbox compared to optical outs from other music players. The Xbox also allows you to change the settings for digital output which is why you would get better sound quality.

are there any problems with copy protection?

No none at all. I laugh at copy protection, there's so many programs out there to remove protection.

I used to use my Slim PS2 because I found the PS3 did not send track marks, not sure if I tried the 360, does it send track marks?

Yes, i recorded 2 tracks but you can set the Hi-MD player to sync recording so it will count tracks.

Couldn't seem to get it to work unfortunately, perhaps because it was off HDD, but I can try and check if you're looking into that as an option, let me know.

If you copy music from CD to the Xbox, it is more likely in Windows Media Audio. That wouldn't be surprising since Microsoft owns that codec. This may be the cause of why track marks are not recorded. Try direct CD -> optical out -> SP recording. That should work fine.

If you copy music from CD to the Xbox, it is more likely in Windows Media Audio. That wouldn't be surprising since Microsoft owns that codec. This may be the cause of why track marks are not recorded.

Probably more than likely not format-related. If you have an optical sound card on the PC, you get similar issues, regardless of format; no trackmarks auto generated when tracks change.