Show your Cases for your Md Machines !

Rate this topic

Strungup

I have seen the craze of digital cameras here in Japan , with the Cameras taking EVERY SHAPE FORM ,...........and now ....SIZE

the cases for these cameras have ALSo become smaller , and as a result , some of the smaller ones are a perfect fit for an MD recorder

Case in point , The small pouch types with zipper enclosures and extra pocket will hold the MD in the Main pocket quiet snuggly , and two blanks in the other pockets .

I bought yesterday in a Closeout bin , a" LowePro Slider 30 " that is a Perfect fit for the RH1 leaving the REC activator open and exposed ,

while covering the OLED area to protect it , and the inputs are facing up at the opening of the case , so the remote , and Mic connector are uninhibited . This is a Digital Camera in the Case , I will post some pix of the RH1 in it later today ( I mean a PERFECT fit ) I put it in Sideways , so the Connectors face up and the screen faces the side , that puts the REC on the bottom left corner if your facing the Case it sticks out , so you can activate it . Works very well

LPSL30RD.JPG

http://www.adorama.com/LPSL30RD.html

so , everyone this thread , is JUST to show the CASES for your gear .

So as Promised

Edited by Guitarfxr

Yes, they were bought in London England, were I'm from. Seen a few on Amazon (.co.uk) lately, maybe eBay will have them too. They're really nice as there's plenty of room for a mic, spare battery MD or two etc, but still not too bulky. Be careful as Caselogic later brought out a much smaller version of the MD case which was barely larger than (say) an NH1 etc.

I bought a brand new black LOWEPRO Slider 30' few minutes ago for 5 euros (including shipping) on ebay. I wanted the color to match with my silver RH1. But I must admit that the red version of that case is really gorgeous. I suppose that the Vivid function of your digital camera did help a bit Guitarfxr ;)

Ask and ye shall recieve!! just look above

I bought a brand new black LOWEPRO Slider 30' few minutes ago for 5 euros (including shipping) on ebay. I wanted the color to match with my silver RH1. But I must admit that the red version of that case is really gorgeous. I suppose that the Vivid function of your digital camera did help a bit Guitarfxr ;)

It will be a Tight fit for the first few times , follow the pix for getting it into the Slider , but once it is in , the usefulness will be Immediately apparent !!

I love the belt clip on the back to , No need for a real belt , just clip it to your Jeans , under the jacket , slim fit , some Croakies on the glasses , and the cable down the back , good to go !

and nope , didnt use the Vivid setting I dont think , I actually toned it down a bit , The yellow of my blanket was overpowering everything

Edited by Guitarfxr

I can't wait to receive my parcel now. I'll try to take some pictures of it as well. This case is offering a smart way to protect the OLED screen of the RH1 without blocking off the unit inputs :) I would have prefered a similar case in leather though :P

It will be a Tight fit for the first few times , follow the pix for getting it into the Slider , but once it is in , the usefulness will be Immediately apparent !!

I love the belt clip on the back to , No need for a real belt , just clip it to your Jeans , under the jacket , slim fit , some Croakies on the glasses , and the cable down the back , good to go !

and nope , didnt use the Vivid setting I dont think , I actually toned it down a bit , The yellow of my blanket was overpowering everything

I can't wait to receive my parcel now. I'll try to take some pictures of it as well. This case is offering a smart way to protect the OLED screen of the RH1 without blocking off the unit inputs :) I would have prefered a similar case in leather though :P

I already have that in mind to make , have the leather , have the tools , just have have NO TIME AARRRRRGGGHHHH

Those are too cool , we need a link for where to get them , or ....... TRADES ???

The boxes are made by ebest, a german manufacturer for Nintendo storages. It can hold a MZ-RH10 unit perfectly. The inlet is made of foam (with two gaps) and can be trimmed for other units and related accessories.

box4rm2.th.jpgbox1hz4.th.jpgbox2fp6.th.jpgthpix.gif box3ck8.th.jpg

Edited by Letztes Jahr im Sommer

I received my LOWPRO Slider 30 yersterday morning (the seller was pretty fast !). I can't take pictures of it for the moment as my digital camera is in one the thousand boxes I have on the flour right now lol (i'm moving from my flat to an other one in few days).

The case is very solid and present a soft lined interior that will easily protect a unit. The stretch gusset with magnetic clip is great but I would have prefered a velcro system. The case is pretty tight and I still improved difficulties to slip my RH1 into the LOWPRO. The unit seems to be really compressed. I stuffed some newspapers into the case to give it a good shape. Hope that this will work :)

I received my LOWPRO Slider 30 yersterday morning (the seller was pretty fast !). I can't take pictures of it for the moment as my digital camera is in one the thousand boxes I have on the flour right now lol (i'm moving from my flat to an other one in few days).

The case is very solid and present a soft lined interior that will easily protect a unit. The stretch gusset with magnetic clip is great but I would have prefered a velcro system. The case is pretty tight and I still improved difficulties to slip my RH1 into the LOWPRO. The unit seems to be really compressed. I stuffed some newspapers into the case to give it a good shape. Hope that this will work :)

Well you saw mine !!! .

Yes, I've seen your picture and read your comments as well :

I decided to stuff the case with newspapers for that reason. The shell was really to tight.

What I meant by that was , in the order of the picture , you will see that the RH1 doesnt go diRECT in , I put it in at an angle so the REC control goes almost all the way in , then I squeeze the backside in stretching the the band as it goes it , it takes a few tries to understand , but it should fit snug , you dont want it to be loose .

The snugness will dampen vibrations and help stabilize the RH1 ,

just to recap , It doesnt just SLide in , one corner goes it first as far as it will then the RH1 is Rotated and pushed it at the same time so the REC control gets in first and the Back slides in next .

Just to recap , It doesnt just SLide in , one corner goes it first as far as it will then the RH1 is Rotated and pushed it at the same time so the REC control gets in first and the Back slides in next .

Got it. But I have to get used to the trick. I'm still improving difficulties.

Edited by Kain_

• 4 weeks later...

Walking through Thamel, the tourist area of Kathmandu, and these suede pouches caught my eye. Perfect size for most portables, as the photos show. What they might not show too clearly is the padding. The outside is suede, inside a smooth vinyl. Not sure of the stuffing, but an adequate but not hefty layer. I paid $2.00, though I suppose I could have bargained him down to about half if I had been in the mood.

The downside is that when I took my Walkman out to check the fit, I seem to have lost one of my ear-bud covers. Hopefully, the guy found it and has kept it in his junk drawer where it will be waiting for me on my next visit to Thamel.

post-58139-1225178519.jpg

post-58139-1225178602.jpg

post-58139-1225178803.jpg

post-58139-1225178838.jpg

post-58139-1225178859.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone still use the fabric pouch that normally comes with Sony recorders?

Yeah, and I'm chasing two more if Sony sells these things separately (?). The MZ-NH600s I have don't come with them.

I find them perfect for:

1) preventing much dust

2) an extra (albeit thin) barrier from light rain

3) unbeatable when used in conjunction with a regular Hi-MD case. See pics.

4) reducing Hi-MD whirr noise when recording (especially in conjunction with a regular case)

I always keep Hi-MD units in those things and slide the pouch in and out of my Hi-MD case, as can be seen in the pics.

post-1961-1228724833.jpg

post-1961-1228724857.jpg

post-1961-1228724870.jpg

post-1961-1228724887.jpg

post-1961-1228724910.jpg

This prevents the metal zip part of the case from making contact with the unit and scratching it. Of course, units with silver paint will peel off anyway with enough use, scratch or no scratch from the case, but that's besides the point (my MZ-NH700 looks like absolute crap, but I love her madly).

Speaking of the case, I was somewhat surprised how perfect the ol' bog-standard Hi-MD case is for Hi-MD (!).

1) square pocket up-front to store headphones and a couple of MDs and/or remote.

2) belt clip

3) top 'Hi-MD' small pocket to store 3-4 spare AAs and/or an ungodly amount of gumsticks.

4) robust clips, optional 'over-the-shoulder' 'side clips' strap attachment for the times you aren't wearing a belt, or don't wish to have it on your pants.

All killer, no filler.

Materials are the only thing I would improve upon with this case. Everything else, great and best of all, robust after years of real-world use (rain, hot, cold, dust, you name it).

Go Hi-MD-branded case, go. And her friend, the dust pouch!

Protecting Hi-MD since 2005!